Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

> Let me say it again.  Pure Horeshit.  There are no organizations of
> Christian crusaders running amuck all over the world beheading and
> blowing up whoever they please....

Not currently, we don't.  But the "Christian" crusades were just as
violent and just as un-Christian as Islamic terrorists are
un-Islamic.

> You and Rosie appear to have similar views vis a vie Christians
> being as big a threat as Muslim terrorists.  I think if you would
> give her a fair chance she could probably convince you that George
> Bush really did blow up the World Trade Center buildings.

I don't know what Rosie's views are but I can tell you that a certain
segment of Christians (or rather, people who claim to be Christians)
are very dangerous to our nation.  These hard-line, right-wing,
authoritarians would happily march us all into a dictatorship and
think they'd done a good thing.  They are the people who *still*
support the Bush War II.

>> Where we make the biggest mistake is trying to impose that same
>> morality on a people that simply don't understand it (or our way
>> of life).

This is quite true.  We have no business trying to impose our system
of government on any other country.  Doing so, as well as supporting
ruthless dictators, are the primary reasons we're at odds with the
Muslim world now.

>> What you're proposing is utterly preposterous.  I have no interest
>> in going to Mecca, and neither does my wife.  My younger son wants
>> to visit Egypt though.  I wouldn't volunteer for service in Iraq
>> (or Afghanistan) as either a peace-keeper or employee of an
>> international logistics (or oil) company.  You wouldn't be able to
>> pay me enough to go there.

I have no interest in going to Iraq or most other Middle Eastern
countries.  However, there's a fair chance I may visit Egypt for a
day or two next year.  A friend has invited us on a Holy Land tour
which includes a visit to Egypt.  My wife says Cairo is beautiful.
It would be interesting to see the pyramids.

> I know what I would do - I would not hesitate to kill a terriorist
> to save the lives of your family or any other innocents.  I
> understand we are in a global war with Islamic Jihadist...

Naah.  We're in the middle of a national civil war which the Idiot
precipitated by illegally invading a non-agressor state.

> And people are geting killed.  Not in great numbers...

100,000 plus civilians don't amount to much?

> First off I've not convinced pouring water down someone's nose is
> torture.

Water boarding is torture.

> Liberals, and perhaps yourself, tend to think anything that that
> makes someone the least bit uncomfortable is torture...

Have you been on the receiving end of CIA "discomfort" lately?

> Islamic Jihadist, as you may have noticed, behead their captives,
> mutilate their bodies, and hang them up on public display.
> Liberals, for some reason, don't seem to consider what the
> Jihadists do to be torture, or at least you never hear one say so.

You miss the point.  It's not that we believe terrorists are good.
It's that we don't want our country to become a terrorist state by
emulating them.

>> I'm pretty handy with Bokken, Katana and Wakasachi.  Kendo is the
>> "way of the sword".

The reader should be aware that Olson routinely claims all kinds of
knowledge and experience which he doesn't have -- from piloting 737
airliners to levitating ladders to being a black belt in typography.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics