Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Nathan W. Collier" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> i know people who truly _need_ help in paying for their medical
>>> issues...
>>
>> Done anything for them?
>
> not my burden to bare...

I assume you meant "bear" but then why bring them up at all?

> i have my own family to care for.

I hope nothing bad ever happens that could interfere with your
ability to do so.

>> Again, read the newspapers and watch the evening news once in a
>> while.
>
> stop asking me to prove your points for you.  if you have an
> argument, substantiate it yourself.

I didn't ask you to prove anything.  You want "proof" of things that
are common knowledge of everyone except you.

>>> this has NOT been shown they do not exist.
>>
>> Found any?
>
> lack of finding does NOT prove lack of existance.

It sure doesn't help your insistance that they do exist.  Before
going to war against a non-agressor nation, one ought to have more
basis than "we can't prove they aren't beinmg bad."

>>> _thats_ democratic thinking.
>>
>> You snipped the part about subduing or killing him.
>
> it was irrelevant.

When you act as thouogh nothing more than "make peace" was said it is
very much relevant.

> that you would even suggest making peace with them is the only part
> i was referencing.

I didn't suggest making peace with them.  I explained there are only
three possible ways to deal with them and why none will work with
Bush' approach.

> it is not possible because they do not want peace with us.  they
> want us dead.  while you are teaching your children to read and
> write, they are training their children to kill your children.
> thank god bush recognizes this.

Have you ever wondered why it is they hate us so?  It's because we've
interfered with their soveriegn nations.  They don't "hate us for our
freedom" as the Idiot "of" Chief likes to put it.  They hate us
because we station our military on their soil.  They hate us because
we've repeatedly supported evil dictators who have killed their
children, raped their women and generally been as nice as Jiminex
with PMS.

Don't misinterpret what I'm saying.  Nothing justifies things like
9/11.  But if we want to see an end to the attacks, we really owe it
to ourselves to try to understand why they're so pissed off at us.
Want to go after Bin Laden?  Fine, kill him.  Want to unseat Saddam?
Fine, he was only there because we supported him for years.  Want to
eliminate Ahmadinejad?  Think first!  He is hated by the majority of
his countrymen.  Leave them alone and soon enough they'll kill him
without American interference.  Attack and you'll empower those who
agree with him.

In short, THINK!

>> I already said that.  The problem is the other options are equally
>> unattainable, especially given the Bush non-strategy.
>
> i agree bush appears to lack strategy....but im betting you would
> prefer his solution to mine.

Appears?  The man has the mental capacity of a turnip.  He thinks a
slogan ("Stay the course") is a strategy.  This idiot actually said
that McCain was taking his "high horse" on the "low road".  He's so
stupid he doesn't even know his own military title (three times he
referred to himself as the "Commander *of* Chief").

As to your solution, if it involves a red button, try me.

>> Does that make the dead and the wounded alive and well?  Does it
>> "un-rape" the innocent girl who watched GI's butcher her family
>> before they gang-raped and finally shot her?
>
> now youre just being silly...

Oh, how foolish of me to suggest that what was done to that family
and numerous others by our own soldiers might somehow be found
offensive to Iraqis.

> comparing extremely rare exceptions to the daily routine of
> heusseins sons isnt even realistic.

How would you know which is the exception and which is the rule?

> your disdain for our troops is surfacing.

That's typical Bushism.  Any disagreement with failure of leadership
and the atrocities it precipitates is scolded as disdain "The
Troops".  It doesn't work though.  I have the utmost respect for the
troops who try to serve with honor.  It is the leadership, starting
with the Commander *of* Chief and down throough the ranks, which has
allowed, if not encouraged, murder of innocent civilians.

>> Hmm.  Are you saying that the Native Americans have done a poor
>> job with the reservations we so generaously gave to them?  [sigh]
>
> no, but realism is just that.  the crime rates, the rate of
> alcoholism, the unemployment rates, the high school drop-out
> rates.....theyre very sad but the truth isnt always pretty.

And that somehow makes it OK what we as a country did to them?

>> So that makes it right for us to invade a non-agressor nation,
>> destroy its infrastructure, rape and murder its women and
>> generally behave like right-wing, Republican "Christians"?
>
> thats the most ignorant statement youve made yet.

Translation: You have no answer.

>> Seems to me John Kerry was a very vocal critic.
>
> most traitors are.

No, my friend.  Traitors will pat you on the back like Olson, then
stab you there.  A friend will tell you to your face that you're
making a mistake.  Kerry had the guts to stand up and tell the nation
what was wrong.  For that you call him a coward.  Where are your
silver and bronze stars?  Been cited for courage under fire, have
you?  Chased down and killed an enemy with a loaded rocket launcher
lately?

>> Saddam mistakenly believed that he could bluff Bush into cutting
>> him some slack by pretending he was armed.
>
> bull-poop.

Poop???  Come on.  You can do better than that.  :^)

> he didnt allow the inspectors in because he hadnt yet hidden the
> WMDs elsewhere.

You keep saying that but our own military and intelligence services,
after years in Iraq, have come to the conclusion that there were no
WMD's at all.

>> Tell that to the families of the unarmed civilians they massacred.
>
> what families?

Read the newspaper.  Watch the news (not Fox).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics