Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Nathan W. Collier wrote:

>> you are truly ignorant to the teachings of th quran.  here is a brief
>> example.  were it not midnight i would undertake a larger effort to
>> expose your ignorance:
>>
>> from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#Jihad

<snip Bass Braszilian orphanages claims>

> Have you actually read the Quran?  Quoting "Wiki" as an "authority" on the
> Quran is about as ignorant as you can get.  The Quran does not teach or
> preach "Jihad".  "Jihad" is often described as an inner struggle all of us
> face on a daily basis.  Mohamed never intended to "war" on Christian or
> Jewish States (or Countries).  His purpose was to enlighten the world.  He
> speaks of Christians as "People of the Book" and called for tolerance,
> acceptance, charity, and love.  Muslims and Jews "share" the same
> "patriarch" in Abraham (and I suppose we Christians do as well since Jesus
> was a Jew).  Mohamed didn't advocate "Holy Jihad" as a means to an end.
> On the contrary, the Quran teaches that to achieve Allah's purpose of one
> unified people and one religious state, it must be done by political and
> diplomatic means first.  It's much easier to "infiltrate" and "change from
> within" than to invade and conquer (although he did leave that open as an
> option so long as the proper warnings have been distributed).  However,
> when one attacks a Muslim State (particularly if the attacker is a
> "non-believer"), then the Faithful must defend against that attack (and in
> so doing assure themselves of a place in heaven).
>
> According to your definition (which you obviously happen to share with
> "Bush") every Muslim in the US is now bound to join in the phony "Jihad"
> declared by the lunatic responsible for 911 (and every other idiot that
> spews hatred for Israel and the great US Devil).  Bush doesn't understand
> Islam any more than you do and he's trying to convince you that it's
> basically "evil" (which makes him an idiot).  I'd suggest you do a little
> reading (and possible avoid that moniker as well).  Muslims are NOT going
> to invade your house, make off with your wife, blow up your truck, etc.
> Google "Aga Khan" for a start.  (http://www.akdn.org).
>
> Sheesh!

It's not clear to me O Holy One what difference you think it makes what the
Quran says.  It doesn't seem to me that this "great religion" is doing
anything to stop the "phony jihadist" as you call them.  Until the "peaceful
Muslims" get on board to stop this mind boggling global madness they are a
part of the problem - not the solution.

By the way I was wondering what the Quran had to say about blasphemy.  Under
Islamic law the penalty is death and recently there was this teddy bear
......oh what's the use.  Forget it.