Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Nathan W. Collier" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> why bring them up at all?
>
> because it demonstrates those who truly _do_ need assistance with
> paying their medical bills/medical insurance...

So, you use the most needy as an excuse not to help those who are
somewhat less needy, yet all the while you wouldn't even consider
helping any of them.  Typical right-wing, "Christian", bushy.

> if you own a half million dollars in assets you have NO business
> asking someone else to carry your burden for you.

How about if you own 10% of the house and the bank owns the rest, the
company you work for goes belly up faster than Olson's imaginary
airliner and then your kid gets sick?  I'm just curious how bad it
has to be before you'd open that tightly closed fist for anything
other than war.

>> I hope nothing bad ever happens that could interfere with your
>> ability to do so.
>
> and if it does i have disability and death insurance.  lots of it.
> its a choice ive made to ensure my familys future.....just as its a
> choice when you dont.

Don't be too sure of yourself.  Insurance companies often refuse to
pay legitimate claims.  Look what happened to thousands of people who
trusted State Farm.

>> I didn't ask you to prove anything.  You want "proof" of things
>> that are common knowledge of everyone except you.
>
> i want you to substantiate your own ridiculous statements instead
> of telling me to read a newspaper.  you cannot.

After you prove that the earth is round, the sky is blue and there's
no green cheese on the moon.

>> I didn't suggest making peace with them.  I explained there are
>> only three possible ways to deal with them
>
> and i pointed out that you are wrong.  making peace is not
> possible.

I never said it was possible.

>> Have you ever wondered why it is they hate us so?  It's because
>> we've interfered with their soveriegn nations.
>
> WRONG.  their own religious doctrine states that the must conquer
> us and enslave us, or convince us to join their religion.  spare me
> the feel good bull-poop.  they hate us because we arent muslim.

Funny how their religious doctrine doesn't require them to attack
Brazil, Argentina, Chile or Venezuela (all mostly Catholic
countries).  Read the history of those nations and see if any of them
ever interfered with any Middle Eastern governments.

>> if we want to see an end to the attacks, we really owe it to
>> ourselves to try to understand why they're so pissed off at us.
>
> ive told you why they hate us.  research the muslim religion.

You've said why you *believe* they hate us.  Feel free to remain
wrong as long as you like.

>> Oh, how foolish of me to suggest that what was done to that family
>> and numerous others by our own soldiers might somehow be found
>> offensive to Iraqis.
>
> thats not what you suggested.  that you present it as widespread
> and commonplace is silly.

You don't believe that civilians are being killed every day over
there?  Or do you think it's all the work of Iranian-supported
insurgents?  Do you honestly believe the bullshit coming out of the
White House?

>> That's typical Bushism.  Any disagreement with failure of
>> leadership and the atrocities it precipitates is scolded as
>> disdain "The Troops".
>
> nope.  it has nothing to do with your criticism of bush.  in fact i
> have my own criticisms of bush, although mine are realistic where
> yours appear to be based in malice.

Wrong.  When Bush and Cheney first told a pack of lies about Iraq, I
fell for it.  I oppose the moron now not out of malice but out of
concern for my country.  These right-wing, authoritarian, phoney
Christians have destroyed our economy, murdered thousands of our own
people, lined their pockets with graft and outright theft and
essentially sold our nation down the river -- all in the name of this
bullshit "War on Terror".  You chose to align yourself with them.
Fine.  That's your right.  I chose to speak up against them.  That's
my right.

> the way you label our troops as rapists who roam the streets of
> iraq raping the women and pillaging the countryside is what makes
> your disdain apparent.

You are deliberately twisting what I said.  Let me be clear.  The
vast majority of our troops are good people trying to serve our
nation and willingly sacrificing their own safety -- sometimes their
very lives -- for the common good.  Unfortunately, a complete lack of
leadership and direction from the White House on down has allowed a
number of vile people with no morals and no consciences to remain in
uniform, even to rise in rank, where they have done horrific things
to innocent civilians and captured soldiers alike.  In a military
where every soldier knows that their leaders condone torture, there
is no perception of laws and moral limits.  In such an institution
the worst flourish along with the best.  Because they are rarely
prosecuted (the US military has a long history of covering up war
crimes) relatively few cases come to light.  I find that beyond
repugnant and I find those who permit or endorse it worthy of more
contempt than Jiminex.

>> And that somehow makes it OK what we as a country did to them?
>
> its not just "ok".  it is completely natural.

See the previous paragraph.

>> No, my friend.  Traitors will pat you on the back like Olson
>
> traitors collaborate with the enemy.

Honorable men stand up for what they believe in.  Cowards attack them
for doing so rather than face the fact that things need to be
changed.

>>> what families?
>>
>> Read the newspaper.  Watch the news (not Fox).
>
> "i cannot substantiate my own statements".

I noticed.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass