Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Nathan W. Collier" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> The problem is that when good people come forward and tell their
>> stories, assholes like Leuck and Limbaugh attack them rather than
>> admit there's a problem.
>
> you mean like the last democratic poster child who couldnt not
> afford health insurance?  are you aware that it was determined that
> his family had over $500,000 in assets?

I'm aware that Rush Limbaugh said so.  But then, he's a drug addict
so you can't put much stock in him.

> please explain to me how i should feel sorry that they cannot
> afford health care, yet they could afford to pay for a several
> hundred thousand dollar home as well as commercial properties of
> even greater value?

You saying they own property does not make it so.

> sorry sir, limbaugh was DEAD ON to call that spade a spade.

Limbaugh is a drug-addled hypocritical moron.  Nice to see who you
trust for your "news".

>> Want to make certain your wife never gets the help she deserves?
>> Vote Republican.
>
> how about this.  dont depend on _any_ political party to insure
> your future.

I don't.  I have two homes and several small businesses which I built
plus some stocks and bonds.  I'm fortunate enough to have good health
insurance that paid most of the cost of two surgeries with hospital
stays and four months of chemotherapy last year plus five years of
continuing tests and follow up visits.  I know other folks, some of
them hard working, middle class people, who just cannot afford health
insurance and some whose health insurance doesn't come close to
covering long-term treatment costs.

Some people have had to sell their homes -- the single largest
investment most families have -- to pay for care after an accident or
illness.  Others have had to use up the investments they were saving
for retirement because a family member got sick.

> stand on your own, make your own way...

I'm doing my best but I saw the bills for my cancer treatment and
realised that if I'd had a lesser plan we'd have lost everything.

> i prospered under GB1.  i prospered under clinton.  i prospered
> under GB2.

Why, you're just a downright prosperous fellow.

> i prosper because i _choose_ to.

Count your lucky stars.

--

Regards,