Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

I'm just saying that with our current healthcare system, many billions
of dollars could have been going to help the 46+ million who have no
coverage, instead of lining the pockets of over indulging healthcare
providers.

Think of it this way. What happens if you were to lose your job? Or your
company downsizes? Or closes its doors? What happens to your coverage
then? What happens to your 401K? Are you just going to continue to pay
out of pocket until you find another job? With what money do you plan to
do this with? Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Will your
present company be around when you retire? Will you get fired before you
are eligible to collect a pension? Will that pension be enough to live on?

I worked for Honeywell (HPS) from 1980 to 1986...there I was, working
for a multi-billion dollar corporation. Yet I saw real no future there.
Imagine that. Back in 1986 I had foreseen that this company would not
survive long enough for me to retire. So imagine my complete surprise
that they were long gone...all those poor souls who gave this company
25+ years of their life...lost pensions, company stocks splitting
several times, and not enough in the 401K...It was just a job...now
those same people find themselves starting all over again to try and
gain what they lost.

Sure I am a bit emotional. But how many of you out there are tired of
getting hosed by big businesses? Anyone?

Jim Rojas