Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm just saying that with our current healthcare system, many billions
> of dollars could have been going to help the 46+ million who have no
> coverage, instead of lining the pockets of over indulging healthcare
> providers.
>
> Think of it this way. What happens if you were to lose your job? Or your
> company downsizes? Or closes its doors? What happens to your coverage
> then? What happens to your 401K? Are you just going to continue to pay
> out of pocket until you find another job?

Yea pretty much, life is not fair. What happens when you need a procedure
yet cannot get it due to an inadequate single-payer government-run health
care system?

> I worked for Honeywell (HPS) from 1980 to 1986...there I was, working
> for a multi-billion dollar corporation. Yet I saw real no future there.
> Imagine that. Back in 1986 I had foreseen that this company would not
> survive long enough for me to retire. So imagine my complete surprise
> that they were long gone...all those poor souls who gave this company
> 25+ years of their life...lost pensions, company stocks splitting
> several times, and not enough in the 401K...It was just a job...now
> those same people find themselves starting all over again to try and
> gain what they lost.

Well lets guarentee jobs then, that'll fix it

> Sure I am a bit emotional. But how many of you out there are tired of
> getting hosed by big businesses? Anyone?

This sounds less like problems with health care and more like issues with
other businesses...?