Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

> bull-poop...

Bull-poop?!?

> i know people who truly _need_ help in paying for their medical
> issues...

Done anything for them?

>> In point of fact, there never was any intention of liberating
>> anyone.
>
> substantiate or retract.

Again, read the newspapers and watch the evening news once in a
while.

>> Once it was shown that excuse #1 (WMD's) did not exist
>
> this has NOT been shown they do not exist.

Found any?

>> You have to find the enemy and either make peace with him
>
> _thats_ democratic thinking.

You snipped the part about subduing or killing him.  Please don't
make this out to be a 60's love-in.

> you do not understand what we're up against.  they do not want
> peace with us.  they want us _dead_.  can you not grasp that?
> peace isnt even an option for our enemy.

I already said that.  The problem is the other options are equally
unattainable, especially given the Bush non-strategy.

>> Read the newspapers.  Watch TV news (hint: Fox is *not* news).
>
> no, i want YOU to substantiate YOUR statement.  dont ask me to
> prove your claim for you.

In order to prove anything I need to show you.  That is not possible
while your head remains where no sunlight reaches your eyes.

>> Those who've been caught recently have been held accountable.
>
> what more can you possibly do?  you catch them and punish them.

Does that make the dead and the wounded alive and well?  Does it
"un-rape" the innocent girl who watched GI's butcher her family
before they gang-raped and finally shot her?

>>we had no right to invade a non-agressor nation
>
> we had no right to invade those peaceful indians either....should
> we give our country back to them now?

No need.  They're taking it back one hand of black jack at a time.

> we'll start by giving the western half back to mexico so they can
> turn it into a.....into a mexico...

Naah.  Give them Texas first and they'll refuse the rest.

> and give the eastern half back to the indians so they can do with
> it as they have done with the reservations good and bad and maybe
> _then_ when we have nothing left the democrats will stop
> complaining.

Hmm.  Are you saying that the Native Americans have done a poor job
with the reservations we so generaously gave to them?  [sigh]

> history is FULL of conquest...

So that makes it right for us to invade a non-agressor nation,
destroy its infrastructure, rape and murder its women and generally
behave like right-wing, Republican "Christians"?

> liberating iraq was the right thing to do...

Sure, it was.  Just ask any of the 100,000 plus dead Iraqis and
they'll agree with you.

> in all honesty i sometimes wonder if iraqis dont _need_ an evil
> dictator to keep them in line...

Don't be ridiculous.  They have Bush.

> but then i vew images of iraqi citizens.......children in
> particular....gassed by heussein because of their religious
> differences....and i know we did the right thing.

Yeah!  Now that Saddam has gone on to his eternal ummm, reward, we
can kill them ourselves.

>> Knowing that, Bush and Cheney lied
>
> you may believe that, but you cannot state it as fact like youre
> trying to do.

Sure I can.  Let me say it again.  Bush and Cheney lied.  They are
lying today.  They'll lie some more tomorrow.  They can't help it.
It's in their nature, being children of the father of lies.

>> Nope.  I wasn't elligible -- minor medical issue.
>
> i already knew this.  not the specifics, but i knew you hadnt.  the
> most vocal critics rarely do.

Seems to me John Kerry was a very vocal critic.  He not only served.
He won medals for valor.  You like to skip that part and concentrate
on his purple hearts, as though the minor nature of the injuries that
got him those medals somehow denigrates the value of the other medals
for bravery.

>> Yep.  That was years before and there was no evidence of
>> continuing production.  We've been all over the place for years
>> and our people found nothing, zip, nada.
>
> this must be why the inspectors werent allowed to inspect certain
> sites huh?

Saddam mistakenly believed that he could bluff Bush into cutting him
some slack by pretending he was armed.  Big mistake.  He didn't
realize that Bush was planning to attack no matter what he did.

>> That doesn't clearly prove anything.  It's just your
>> unsubstantiated opinion.
>
> you discuss bush's "real intent" and you want to cry foul on my
> opinions?

I didn't cry foul.  You're entitled to your unsubstantiated opinions
even though you're wrong.

>> Bullshit!  They're a bunch of murdering scum.
>
> .....and what of the lives theyve saved?

Tell that to the families of the unarmed civilians they massacred.

>> No problem, as long as you're responsible and sane -- not some
>> nutcase.
>
> fair enough.  you are no longer on my mortal enemy shelf.

I wouldn't make a very good mortal enemy anyway.  I prefer sharing a
beer and a BBQ to throwing grenades.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass