Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Nathan W. Collier" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> And I'm saying that means nothing.  Assets are only one piece of
>> the financial picture.  Without knowing his debt level, knowing
>> the value of his home tells you almost nothing about his ability
>> to pay.
>
> absolutely RIDICULOUS sir.  suppose i make $2,000,000 a year...

If you did you'd not be elligible for the program in its current form
nor in the proposed version.  You would instead, under the GWB
formula, be entitled to all kinds of other government assistance and
tax breaks.

>> This is a middle class family with extraordinary health care costs
>> due to a child's illness.
>
> a family with over a half million dollars worth of assets who
> _chose_ to buy expensive houses, expensive cars, and expensive
> commercial properties instead of simply paying health care
> insurance premiums.

You claim that but show me proof.  Hint: "Rush said it" is not proof.

>> the hard-line, right-wing idiots attacked and maligned the child
>> and his family rather than deal with the fact that there is a need
>> to extend the medical assistance program to help them and tens of
>> thousands of others like them.
>
> they discredited the claim _completely_

Nope.  They attacked a sick child.  This was typical of these losers.
Nice to see whom you support.

>>> substantiate this...
>>
>> That's been proven so well that by now even you should know it.
>
> TRANSLATION --> "i cannot substantiate it".
>

>> Your boy murdered thousands of American troops -- far more than
>> Bin Laden.
>
> GWB liberated an entire country...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

> a country where the dictators sons would grab young virgin girls
> from their homes and rape them at will.

Now they are being grabbed and raped by Americans.  Such an
improvement.

> GWB did the right thing in invading iraq and the world is better
> off for it...

I wondered if there was anyone left in the world who still believed
that Bush-shit.  Thanks for clarifying.

> not one single american solder who died in iraq was drafted into
> the military against their will.

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?

> they volunteered, accepting the risks involved.  yes the losses are
> tragic but they were for a greater purpose.

Raising oil prices and feeding Bush's ego.  Indeed.

> i do have to ask sir, have you _ever_ been in the military?

Have you?

> ... dont understand the mindset.

I understand the "mind set".  There are whole libraries of books on
egomania.

>>> besides, there _have_ been WMDs found...
>>
>> Oh, bullshit!  Saddam had as many WMDs as Olson has flight
>> hours --  zilch!
>
> ummm.....totally pretending the recovered weapons cache's dont
> exist, you are aware arent you that heussein has used WMDs on his
> own people in the  past, right?

Do you understand the difference between small arms, grenade
launchers, etc., and weapons of mass destruction?

>> Funny how in all the years we've been there not one has been
>> found, yet Saddam couldn't even hide himself or his idiot sons.
>
> nothing "funny" about it.  the weapons are most likely in syria...

Uh-huh.  I guess we've got to attack them next.  See Dubya run.  Run,
Dubya, run.

> which means the potential exists for them to eventually surface
> here...

So now Syria is shipping WMDs here?

> you really think heussein was a good guy??

You really think Bush is a good guy?  He's killed far more Americans
than Saddam.

>> Our military has found everyone and everything the White Hose
>> wanted found.  Note that when they had Bin Laden surrounded they
>> let him go so there'd still be a bogeyman out there to use in
>> their fear mongering campaign.
>
> um, it was clinton who let bin laden go.

Oh, really?  Clinton had him surrounded in the mountains of
Afghanistan and then decided to pull his troops to go attack Saddam?

>> We haven't found *any* because they don't exist.
>
> i try to not get personal in these threads.  i do my best to keep a
> debate on an intellectual level.
>
> <thinking of a nice way to say this>
>
> that sir, is by far the most ridiculous thing ive ever read.
>

>> Bush II has outdone even the worst in Vietnam (from whence he ran
>> and hid) by hiring a bunch of Blackwater thugs to commit the worst
>> atrocities.
>
> blackwater is a very big organization with a _lot_ of folks over
> there.  a couple have screwed up bad, but that doesnt negate the
> valid need to have them over there, nor does it discredit the
> _good_ they do.

Bullshit!  They're mercenaries.

>> I guess you'll not vote for me either then.  I want to ban all
>> guns from Earth and issue everyone water pistols but all these
>> armies around the world refuse to go along with my plan.
>
> not only would i not vote for you sir, this makes you my mortal
> enemy.  i place gun-grabbers on the same shelf as those who
> slaughter innocent children in the womb.

You prefer to slaughter them after delivery?

All kidding aside, I have nothing against private gun ownership.  I
only want folks who own guns to keep them secured when not in their
direct possession or that of a trained, competent user.  Beyond that,
if you want to store a munitions dump in your barn I could care less.
That's your right.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass