Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Edmund Fitzgerald wrote:
>
>>> It's really no different than our own "great religion".  We have
>>> advocates
>>> for Peace as well yet it all seems to fall on "deaf ears".
>>

>> Pure horseshit.  There are no organazitions of Christian crusaders
>> running amuck in the world beheading and blowing up whoever they please.
>
> No.  But we do have guys the likes of the idiot that runs "Bountiful". We
> have "nut jobs" like Koresh.  The "Christian Faith" has many
> proponents, some of whose views are rather "extreme".  A Muslim fanatic
> wouldn't hesitate to throw his life away (as long as he believed what he
> was doing carried the "blessing" of Allah.  There are many similarities
> between the "training camps" of someone like Bin Laden and Daniel Koresh
> or any equally extremist "white power" group.  We do have a "different
> morality" in North America as opposed to the middle east.  >

Let me say it again.  Pure Horeshit.  There are no organizations of
Christian crusaders running amuck all over the world beheading and blowing
up whoever they please.

.[....]
>> It was spouting off this kind of rubbish that got Rosie O'Donnell fired
>> from The View of all places.
>
> I don't like Rosie O'Donnell and I don't watch a great deal of TV (other
> than BBC world news, the National Geographic, and Discovery channels)
> (and what I read on the CBC website).

You and Rosie appear to have similar views vis a vie Christians being as big
a threat as Muslim terrorists.  I think if you would give her a fair chance
she could probably convince you that George Bush really did blow up the
World Trade Center buildings.

Where we make
> the biggest mistake is trying to impose that same morality on a people
> that simply don't understand it (or our way of life).

If that's true then I suggest it's a bad idea for them to immigrate to our
counties since it would be to difficult for them to adapt to our morality
and laws because of their fundamental lack of understanding.

>>> FWIW, I am a Christian.  Jesus greatest commandment was to "love one
>>> another and love your God".  I could never bring myself to kill another
>>> human being.  I would make a poor soldier in that respect.  I don't live
>>> in a neighbourhood where anyone would threaten my family, and I honestly
>>> don't know how I would respond to some of the situations I've read about
>>> where someone was called upon to defend what they hold dear with deadly
>>> force.  I hold a high blue belt in kick-boxing and have practised kendo
>>> for over fifteen years.  I believe I would be able to acquit myself
>>> rather
>>> well if the situation warranted, but I would stop short of actually
>>> killing someone.  Pain through maiming can be an equally effective
>>> counter
>>> and is far more preferable (in my view) to manslaughter.
>>
>> Ok I've got it about not getting into a fist fight or a kicking match
>> with you, but these days the phony Jihadist are using big knives, guns,
>> and bombs.

> They've *always* been using "big knives, guns, and bombs".

With all the talk of your martial arts prowess I wasn't quite sure you had
this understanding.

>> Let's say some of these phony Jihadist kidnapped your wife and
>> children (assuming you have them) during your next trip to Mecca and they
>> were about to behead them.
>
> What you're proposing is utterly preposterous.  I have no interest in
> going to Mecca, and neither does my wife.  My younger son wants to visit
> Egypt though.  I wouldn't volunteer for service in Iraq (or Afghanistan)
> as either a peace-keeper or employee of an international logistics (or
> oil) company.  You wouldn't be able to pay me enough to go there.
>

>> If someone put a gun in your hand and pushed you into the room with these
>> guys would you be willing to kill them to the save
>> the lives of your wife and children?  If you wouldn't, I'd  be willing to
>> do it for you.
>
> I hope I will never be in placed in such a position.  I pray you will
> never either.

 I know what I would do - I would not hesitate to kill a terriorist to save
the lives of your family or any other innocents.  I understand we are in a
global war with Islamic Jihadist.   And people are geting killed.  Not in
great numbers as in our other wars, but this time no end is in sight.

>> If a co-conspritor of the phony Jihadists was in custody and it was
>> understood he had information about your kidnapped family's whereabouts
>> would you be willing to pour water over his face in an effort to save the
>> lives your family?
>
> I believe that there are means available to obtain this kind of
> information that doesn't involve torture.  I certainly don't believe we
> should be paying a murderer like Clifford Olson (no relation) so he
> would lead the police to the bodies of his victims.

First off I've not convinced pouring water down someone's nose is torture.
Liberals, and perhaps yourself, tend to think anything that that makes
someone the least bit uncomfortable is torture.  Islamic Jihadist, as you
may have noticed, behead their captives, mutilate their bodies, and hang
them up on public display.  Liberals, for some reason, don't seem to
consider what the Jihadists do to be torture, or at least you never hear one
say so.

>> If you wouldn't, I'd be willing to do it for you.  Your kendo (thought
>> that was a card game) is not going save your family under these
>> circumstances.
>
> I'm pretty handy with Bokken, Katana and Wakasachi.  Kendo is the "way of
> the sword".

That's nice.  But you won't pour water down a terrorist's nose to save your
family.

>> But I am glad to hear you live in a nice neighborhood where monsters
>> can't find you or your family.
>
> I pray you're able to afford to live in one too.

Thanks, but I believe you could make better use of your prayers.

> [...]
> difficult to discuss.  I suppose it could easily have gone against her.
> I'm grateful it didn't.
>

>> In that case wouldn't  those "cooler heads" have been compelled  to turn
>> her over to the raging mob with machettes or quietly stone her to death
>> in a stoning pit somewhere?  All in all she's quite
>> fortunate to have survived her near death experience with the "religion
>> of peace".  My advice for her would be stay in Britian and keep the hell
>> away from the Muslim side of town.  Whoppi Goldberg's advice for her is
>> that she
>> needs to be more sensitive to Muslim customs.  Well I  reckon so.  Muslim
>> men are such a sensitive lot.
>>
>> This morning I read about a Muslim man who killed his bride on their
>> wedding night because he could not "break her hymen".  Whether it was not
>> there or if  there was some other kind of shortcoming we don't know.  In
>> any event he somehow convinced himself she had been with another man and
>> then proceeded to stab her to death.  What I'm wondering is this:  does
>> the "peaceful religion" limit in any way the right of Muslim men to kill
>> their wives and female children?  Seems to me the peace in this "peaceful
>> religion" is reserved exclusively for Muslim men and boys, excluding the
>> homosexual men of course.
>
> First of all, Islam is a religion as well as a way of life.  Those whom
> embrace it do so willingly (as with any religion).  Some children are
> raised "in the Faith".  My children (both boys) were raised in the
> Christian Faith.  Neither have chosen to adopt it (sad to say), but they
> made that choice freely.
>
> Some "believers" would argue that we should have been more insistent and
> less "moderate" in our views.  The Quran presents a rather extremist
> life style.  So does the Old Testament.  I think you'll find many
> religions and theologies have "hard core" proponents and well as more
> moderated ones.  If we were all to live as Jesus instructs, would we
> have the need of a military?  Or fire-arms?  Is such an existence even
> possible (or plausible)?  "Thou shalt not kill" doesn't have a list of
> provisos or exceptions.  God simply instructs:  "Don't do this".  I
> don't believe the State has the right to take a life either and I
> certainly don't believe they have the right to ask you to sacrifice
> yours because a group of elected officials say you must.
>
> Bass once accused me of being a "draft dodger".  I was five weeks old
> when my parents moved to Canada, and I graduated high school a few years
> after the US quit drafting its citizens into military service.  Had I
> received "the call", I certainly would have reported (not doing so would
> have been illegal).  I would have refused any order that required me to
> kill another human being and I would have made that sentiment plain on
> the very first day of boot camp.  I probably would have spent a good
> deal of time in the stockade (or peeling potatoes).

I see you went to great lengths not to answer the last two questions.