Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

Nathan W. Collier wrote:

> and you have done what to help "them"?  surely youve done something, as we
> wouldnt want to think of you as a hypocrite.  how dare you take that global
> vacation mr. bass, when that same money could be used to pay for some poor
> welfare mothers (who happens to drive a new escalade) care after she OD'd.

Robert "says" he supports a couple of Brazilian orphanages.  In fact,
he's solely responsible for one.  His "claim" is as difficult to verify
as yours is, but he "believes" his participation in this Group in the
last eight years has given him a certain "cachet" (which makes *his*
charitable works much more "believable" than anyone else's).  In fact,
Robert is an authority on everyone that posts here and knows each
individual personally.  He's the most honest and trustworthy person here
and would never even THINK of pulling a gun on someone, let alone
personally attacking them by trying to get them fired from their job.
Yep, he's an outstanding citizen, runs a hugely successful online alarm
store that's recently expanded into saltwater fishing lures and
reconditioned Moose panel boat anchors.

>> I don't believe you.
>
> i dont care.
>

>> if the bank owns most of those assets selling them will simply leave you
>> homeless, penniless and still trying to care for a sick child.
>
> perhaps you should have bought a smaller house so you could afford health
> care insurance.  you rolled the dice and lost.
>

>> Listening to Rush does not make you an expert on the Koran.
>
> you are truly ignorant to the teachings of th quran.  here is a brief
> example.  were it not midnight i would undertake a larger effort to expose
> your ignorance:
>
> from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#Jihad

Have you actually read the Quran?  Quoting "Wiki" as an "authority" on
the Quran is about as ignorant as you can get.  The Quran does not teach
or preach "Jihad".  "Jihad" is often described as an inner struggle all
of us face on a daily basis.  Mohamed never intended to "war" on
Christian or Jewish States (or Countries).  His purpose was to enlighten
the world.  He speaks of Christians as "People of the Book" and called
for tolerance, acceptance, charity, and love.  Muslims and Jews "share"
the same "patriarch" in Abraham (and I suppose we Christians do as well
since Jesus was a Jew).  Mohamed didn't advocate "Holy Jihad" as a means
to an end.  On the contrary, the Quran teaches that to achieve Allah's
purpose of one unified people and one religious state, it must be done
by political and diplomatic means first.  It's much easier to
"infiltrate" and "change from within" than to invade and conquer
(although he did leave that open as an option so long as the proper
warnings have been distributed).  However, when one attacks a Muslim
State (particularly if the attacker is a "non-believer"), then the
Faithful must defend against that attack (and in so doing assure
themselves of a place in heaven).

According to your definition (which you obviously happen to share with
"Bush") every Muslim in the US is now bound to join in the phony "Jihad"
declared by the lunatic responsible for 911 (and every other idiot that
spews hatred for Israel and the great US Devil).  Bush doesn't
understand Islam any more than you do and he's trying to convince you
that it's basically "evil" (which makes him an idiot).  I'd suggest you
do a little reading (and possible avoid that moniker as well).  Muslims
are NOT going to invade your house, make off with your wife, blow up
your truck, etc.  Google "Aga Khan" for a start.  (http://www.akdn.org).

Sheesh!