Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Edmund Fitzgerald wrote:
>> Let me say it again.  Pure Horeshit.  There are no organizations of
>> Christian crusaders running amuck all over the world beheading and
>> blowing up whoever they please.
>>

> Unless you count abortion clinics - but your point is made there as well
> since mainstream Christian organizations condemn it.

I agree.  And I join those mainstream Christian organizations in condemning
it.

>> First off I've not convinced pouring water down someone's nose is
>> torture. Liberals, and perhaps yourself, tend to think anything that that
>> makes someone the least bit uncomfortable is torture.  Islamic Jihadist,
>> as you may have noticed, behead their captives, mutilate their bodies,
>> and hang them up on public display.  Liberals, for some reason, don't
>> seem to consider what the Jihadists do to be torture, or at least you
>> never hear one say so.
>
> Give me a few hours of water boarding and I guarantee that I could have
> you confessing to being a serial pedophile cannibal and implicating any
> number of your family, friends or colleagues as members of your
> enterprise.
>
> You would also swear that your confession was totally coerced and given
> freely.
>
> The point being that if you are going to torture someone for information,
> you better be sure they are in possession of said information or they will
> make stuff up to get you to stop.

I don't think you need anything like four hours.  They say the Sheik behind
9/11 set the record at 20 minutes.

I agree we should use waterboarding only in the special situations where
there are life and death consequences.  I think you assessment is correct.