Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

> I remember back when Robert was
> selling monitoring and had contracts
> on his website. The central was out
> of Mass. For the life of me I can't
> remember their name...

Alarm Central.  They're very nice folks.

> Anyway this is where HE not they
> required a Florida license...

That's not right, Tom.  Because none of the protected premises were located in Florida and the monitoring was performed by a firm
outside of Florida, the agent said no license is required in Florida.

> Had he changed his address to another
> state he wouldn't have needed diddly
> (but that's been established)...

Even residing in Florida no license was required.  If it had been I'd have taken the exam and gotten the license.  It's really a
simple test in Florida.  They don't require anywhere near the depth of knowledge we had to have in CT.  That might explain some of
the "professional" dealers we've gotten to know from other parts of the state.

> After that he provided a link to NextAlarm...

I did that as a courtesy to a friend.

> It's all a moot point since the folks in
> Florida are more concerned with giving
> new laws nicknames than enforcing
> the ones already on the books...

You didn't actually fall for that, did you.  It's a classic worthyism -- pure fiction.

>> You're wrong again.  An individual that
>> contracts for monitoring services in
>> Florida...

He is deliberately ignoring a critical part of the Florida statute as regards monitoring.  The definition limits the law's coverage
to structures located in Florida.  They don't give a mugford's olson about buildings in other states being monitored by out-of-state
central stations.

>> ... In essence Robert was deemed a
>> "contractor" in all respects and aspects
>> of the Law and was required to be
>> licensed...

Funny how they never cited me for anything.

>> I have no doubt that he could pass the
>> written examination and meet all the
>> requirements to get a license...

Piece of cake.

>> He's just not interested in following
>> that through...

Since I don't perform installations and I don't monitor premises located in Florida, there's no reason to get a license.  Heck, I've
done so many plumbing repairs that I could probably pass the plumber's exam with a little preparation, too.  But I don't do plumbing
for a living so why get the license?

>> Some here have "speculated"...

More like expectrated.

>> as to the reason(s) why, but I won't
>> go there.  It's not for me to say one
>> way or the other...

Correct.  The State of Florida already ruled in my favor on the issue.  End of story (though there's no end to the lies from
Mugford, Worthy and Olson).

> I'm telling ya the only way you're getting
> rid of him is with a Louisville Slugger, and
> your best opportunity is disappearing as
> he recovers from chemo. Grab a bat and
> get him while he's weak. If he regains
> strength then you'll have to ambush him
> on a parkway when he's riding that half
> assed tricycle...

Another easy thing to do.. until I recover.  After that he'll need a bit more than a Louisville Slugger.  :^)

> Chasing him on Florida statutes is a
> waste of time for reasons I mentioned.
> But be careful what you ask for because
> this place will be boring without him.

I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

> I'm lost. Who posted low prices and
> who complained?...

I posted low prices.  I also posted what alarm dealers pay for third party monitoirng services (between $2 and $7 per month,
depending on provider and the numb er of accounts).  One of the early IB actually posted that I needed to "get with the program" and
raise my prices.  :^)

Olson threw a pretend fit when I posted abo0ut monitoring costs.  If was his excuse to jump ship and join the IB flame fest.  He
thought it would win him respect (it didn't) from the other idiots.

> I wouldn't give a rat's dirty duff about
> prices being posted but it burns my ass
> more than a midget with a blow torch
> when proprietary information is posted,
> when downloading software is distributed,
> or when people advertise unlocking
> services for proprietary panels...

I don't care much about proprietary panels since I usually just replace them.  I don't unlock panels either.  If a customer wants
that I send them to Bob Campbell or Jim Rojas.  It's not worth my time and trouble to get set up and learn tjhe procedures for that.
As to downloading software, if the customer owns the system outright I figure it's his right to be able to reprogram it himself.  If
he bush's it up, it's his responsibility.

> If at the end of the term my client wants
> to go elsewhere then I will unlock the
> panel at no charge...

Same here.  On the rare occasion that it happened, I used to offer to reprogram the system to the competitor's receiver just to make
sure that *all* of my receiver numbers (we always used both a primary and a backup receiver) are removed.

> but let me catch another alarm company
> tinkering with one of my systems and
> they'll need a meat hook to remove my
> foot from their ass.