Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

Frank Olson wrote:
> Si Ballenger wrote:
>
> > As best as I remember an "alarm station" inside of Florida where
> > alarms are received and handled requires licensing, and alarm
> > stations outside of Florida are specifically exempted from
> > Florida's jurisdiction concerning Florida alarm station
> > licensing.
>
> You are wrong.  Monitoring stations that provide service to residents of
> Florida (and dispatch Florida based emergency services) require the same
> licensing as a facility that operates within Florida and their personnel
> require licensing as well. <

I remember back when Robert was selling monitoring and had contracts on
his website. The central was out of Mass. For the life of me I can't
remember their name. Anyway this is where HE not they required a
Florida license. Had he changed his address to another state he
wouldn't have needed diddly (but that's been established).
After that he provided a link to NextAlarm.
It's all a moot point since the folks in Florida are more concerned
with giving new laws nicknames than enforcing the ones already on the
books.

> > Also as best as I remember (may be worth verifying)
> > acting solely as a broker for alarm services is also exempt from
> > alarm related licensing in Florida. A lot of alarm brokers are
> > licensed for one reason or another (looks good in a yellow pages
> > ad), but I don't think it is a requirement.
>
> You're wrong again.  An individual that contracts for monitoring
> services in Florida (executes agreements and receives compensation for
> providing those services) falls within the jurisdiction of the Florida
> Statute.  It doesn't matter if one of the parties to the contract may be
> "out of state".  In essence Robert was deemed a "contractor" in all
> respects and aspects of the Law and was required to be licensed.  I have
> no doubt that he could pass the written examination and meet all the
> requirements to get a license.  He's just not interested in following
> that through.  Some here have "speculated" as to the reason(s) why, but
> I won't go there.  It's not for me to say one way or the other, besides
> which Robert will only interpret that as another personal attack and the
> "flame-fest" will continue.  I much prefer Tom's method and support many
> of the things he's stated.  I really wanna see how this all plays out
> over the next few days/weeks.  Who knows...  Maybe 2007 will be a
> "banner" year... <

I'm telling ya the only way you're getting rid of him is with a
Louisville Slugger, and your best opportunity is disappearing as he
recovers from chemo. Grab a bat and get him while he's weak. If he
regains strength then you'll have to ambush him on a parkway when he's
riding that half assed tricycle.
Chasing him on Florida statutes is a waste of time for reasons I
mentioned.
But be careful what you ask for because this place will be boring
without him.

> > Maybe they were quadrupling the price, who knows. Bottom line is
> > that when the lower equipment prices were posted on the net, a
> > lot of alarm installers started squealing like stuck pigs.
>
> Really??  I never heard a single "oink". <

I'm lost. Who posted low prices and who complained? I wouldn't give a
rat's dirty duff about prices being posted but it burns my ass more
than a midget with a blow torch when proprietary information is posted,
when downloading software is distributed, or when people advertise
unlocking services for proprietary panels.
If at the end of the term my client wants to go elsewhere then I will
unlock the panel at no charge, but let me catch another alarm company
tinkering with one of my systems and they'll need a meat hook to remove
my foot from their ass.