Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

Si Ballenger wrote:

> As best as I remember an "alarm station" inside of Florida where
> alarms are received and handled requires licensing, and alarm
> stations outside of Florida are specifically exempted from
> Florida's jurisdiction concerning Florida alarm station
> licensing.

You are wrong.  Monitoring stations that provide service to residents of
Florida (and dispatch Florida based emergency services) require the same
licensing as a facility that operates within Florida and their personnel
require licensing as well.

> Also as best as I remember (may be worth verifying)
> acting solely as a broker for alarm services is also exempt from
> alarm related licensing in Florida. A lot of alarm brokers are
> licensed for one reason or another (looks good in a yellow pages
> ad), but I don't think it is a requirement.

You're wrong again.  An individual that contracts for monitoring
services in Florida (executes agreements and receives compensation for
providing those services) falls within the jurisdiction of the Florida
Statute.  It doesn't matter if one of the parties to the contract may be
"out of state".  In essence Robert was deemed a "contractor" in all
respects and aspects of the Law and was required to be licensed.  I have
no doubt that he could pass the written examination and meet all the
requirements to get a license.  He's just not interested in following
that through.  Some here have "speculated" as to the reason(s) why, but
I won't go there.  It's not for me to say one way or the other, besides
which Robert will only interpret that as another personal attack and the
"flame-fest" will continue.  I much prefer Tom's method and support many
of the things he's stated.  I really wanna see how this all plays out
over the next few days/weeks.  Who knows...  Maybe 2007 will be a
"banner" year...

> Maybe they were quadrupling the price, who knows. Bottom line is
> that when the lower equipment prices were posted on the net, a
> lot of alarm installers started squealing like stuck pigs.

Really??  I never heard a single "oink".