Re: Florida Statute According to RLB

Si Ballenger wrote:

> You admit
> that RLB has been investigated and the investigation appaerntly
> found nothing.

Bob never said that.  Yes, RLB was investigated.  Coincidental to that
same investigation, he stopped selling monitoring services.  What he
does now is provide a link to a third party monitoring agency for anyone
interested in having that done.  He used to contract for those services
directly.  He will, of course, deny that discontinuing this recurring
revenue stream had anything to do with the Florida Attorney General's
investigation.  He will instead insist that the whole idea wasn't
generating the "income stream" he expected (or some such nonsense).

> If the state ignores actual violations, they would
> be assuming part of any liability that might arise as a result of
> ignoring the violation, which I doubt they intentionally do. What
> RLB did years ago to upset "the business", as best as I remember,
> was to publish equipment prices which showed how much "the
> business" was over charging customers for the equipment they were
> purchasing. It really upset the "good old boy" alarm dealers that
> were tripple pricing the equipment they sold to customers.

There isn't a single alarm company that I know of that "tripple prices"
equipment (unless of course you're referring to an *installed* price
rather than a price for just the equipment).