Re: Need for pool

"Bob Worthy" wrote:

>>> DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
>>> inspected.
>>
>> -- snip ---
>
> Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
> know.

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?  Well, that is correct.  I don't
keep tabs on who gets inspected.  I sell hardware online.  Is this too
complicated for you?

>> Shame on you.
>
> Oh ya, shame on me for all the dirty little tricks we play on line.

No, shame on you for being a jerk.  All kidding aside I'm sure you try to do a
proper job for your customers.  You probably realize I do, too, but being a
jerk you prefer to pretend otherwise.

>> you getting your information from, Olson?  You ought to know by now he's a
>> pathalogical liar.
>
> About what? and try to spell check while you are thinking of a good anwer.
> "Pathological"

Spell checking is Tom's responsibility.  I have enough trouble trying to type
without also worrying about spelling.

> Your region? Sarasota?

Southwest Florida.

>> > Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?
>>
>> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.
>
> Oh, that makes it OK then.

According to state law, yes.  We were required to have at least one L1
contractor on staff.  That's nothing unusual.  The owners of many alarm
companies are not licensed techs.  When I had enough documented hours I took
the test and got my journeyman's ticket.  I then accumulated the required
hours for the second test, passed it and received my L1 contractor's license.
By then I already had two L1's and several L5's (journeymen) working for me.
That's standard trade practice in CT and fully compliant with the law.

> A few things. One, you don't talk numerous inspectors at all...

You have no idea how many inspectors I know.  In the 24 years I ran an alarm
company I had inspections by every one of them in Hartford County and several
other counties.  The local FM in those days was also a personal friend of
mine.  These days I hardly ever need to speak to an inspector, although I have
sent copies of the Florida statute to several of them when they tried to stop
customers from installing their own fire alarm systems.  In each of those few
cases we prevailed.

> Two, you don't talk to city clerk employees at all.

Again, you have no idea who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings then.

> So, as usual, you are talking to hear yourself talk...

Umm, Usenet is a text medium.

> Third, are you aware that with many cities, with their budget cuts, have
> waived permits on residential post-wires? Not all of them, but many of
> them...

I spoke of what I saw in my 24 years running an alarm company.  I sold the
business before your idol, Bush wrecked the economy.

> Instead there is a registration process so that the city still
> gets their money and they retain the right to inspect the systems randomly.

That has nothing to do with what I said.  The fact remains, regardless what
some Florida towns might be doing today, that many (perhaps most) alarm
companies rarely pull required permits.  I know that for a fact and I suspect
you do, too.  Olson, whi never installed anything, doesn't know it.

>> > Those that don't pull permits, in areas that require them, either don't
> have
>> > a license or their insurance/worker
>> > comp isn't up to date.
>>
>> I didn't say *why* most alarm companies don't bother pulling permits.  I
> only
>> said they don't.  I'll leave the explanation to you.
>
> I did explain and you post without facts.

You explained that you don't have a license or your insurance isn't paid up?
Which is it, no license or no insurance?  Or is it both?

>> I know what it costs to do the job right.
>
> Really!! This discussion just recently took place and you showed then that
> you don't have a clue. Or did you purposely leave out all business overhead
> expenses to support your claim that alarm companies are ripping off the
> consumer.

I did not say that all alarm companies are ripping off consumers.  You seem a
bit sensitive to this sort of discussion.  Hmm.

>>  I also know that many alarm
>> companies don't even try to do anything right.
>
> You don't know that, you assume that.

Nope, I've seen it.  I've taken over so many sloppy, slip-shod, incompetent
and incomplete "professional" installations over the years it's plain as day
many alarm companies just don't care about their clients at all.  Fortunately,
not all are like that.  There are a few like Bob C still around.  I pull your
chain now and then but I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be a decent
operator.

>> They just slap in the least cost "system" so they get that
>> recurring monthly revenue rolling and rush to the next victim.
>
> So in your infinite wisdom, you believe the world would be better off if all
> the professional alarm companies would just dry up and blow away. Than you
> would be the savior selling product to all those poor souls.

Naah.  I would prefer if rip-offs like Sonitrash and *most* of the so-called
"authorized dealers" would go away.  I'm not trying to be anyone's Savior.
That job is alrteady taken.  I just sell hardware and systems to people who
want to do their own work.  That will probably always remain a small fraction
of the security industry -- maybe 2% at best.  I'm content taking over that
2%.   :^)

>> I didn't realize you hadn't paid your workman's compensation
>> insurance and that you are unlicensed.  You really should be ashamed of
>> yourself.
>
> Where the hell did that come from?

You don't like it when someone twists your words?  Try citing me accurately
next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.

> Be careful with your fun.

As I recall, you are the one who called relentless, unproked flames "kicks and
giggles."  If you don't like getting kicked back, try keeping your feet to
yourself.

>> I didn't say you were "legal" (I think you meant to say, "legitimate" but
>> with that limited vocabulary of yours... oh, never mind).
>
> Well I didn't spend any time at the prison library but I meant legal.

Having never been in prison other than as a lay minister, I can't tell what
you might have read in the library.

>> That's easy to say, but prove it.
>
> How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just goes to show how easy it is to accuse and how difficult to disprove
baseless accusations, doesn't it?  Once again, if you don't like receiving it,
don't be so quick to dish it out.  You haven't a clue what my business is, how
I treat my clients or what my experience is.  You repeat Olson's lies as
though they were gospel without bothering to check first.  Yet you're quite
sensitive about having someone slap you right back.  If you want to be treated
fairly, try doing the same.

>>> Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know)...

I guaranty you're not out of your league as to raw intelligence, knowledge and
experience.  That's not arrogance.  It's just fact.

>> After all, you're in the business.
>
> Yep, I am and you are not. So I guess that leaves out at least one primate,
> doesn't it.

If I thought I could make as good a living installing alarms as I can selling
online, I'd buy an alarm company or take the simple test, get the license and
start an installation business.  It's not rocket science.

> That is just it, you don't know who you are selling equipment to, let alone
> giving out info critical to the life, safety and welfare of the public.

Bullshit!  I sell alarms to people who want to install their own systems.
That's no more dangerous to the "life, safety and welfare of the public" than
selling bicycles, clothes or apple pie.

BTW, I also sell alarms and lots of other stuff to federal and state
government agancies and to every branch of the military.  In addition, I sell
to numerous Fortune 500 companies.  I've been considering building a separate
website just for government buyers.  If that aspect of my business keeps
growing at its current rate, I may even decide to sell of the alarm websites.

>> Care to state which ones those might be?  >Names, dates
>> and addresses, please.
>
> Don't have a clue and neither do you.

You said my clients are illegal.  Now you admit you haven't a clue.  Nice
work.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass