Re: Need for pool

"Bob Worthy" wrote:

> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>
>  I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
>> tagged" for non-compliant smokes?

So far, none.  We already know that Olson has no problem with that since he
never installed anything.

> DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
> inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
> requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited his
> website. Is there anything notices there at all about permitting and
> inspections throught the local juridicitons.

DIYers?  How about so-called "professional" installers?  I spent 24 years
running a small, central station alarm company.  We pulled permits in every
town that required them.  A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
permit.  I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.  Very
often there would be a surprised look on the clerk's face followed by, "That
place has an alarm?  We don't have a record of any permit there."  You see,
almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits unless the job is
new construction.  I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
he'll get caught.

The funny thing is Olson whining about "non-compliant" smokes even though he
has finally learned (from me) that the ones I sell are indeed compliant.  He
didn't even know how to check or where to look to find out which smoke
detectors are listed for use with a specific panel.  Furthermore, he's so
lacking in experience and knowledge that he didn't know (until I told him)
that detector manufacturers, as well as panel manufacturers, can and do list
smokes for use with control panels.  What a moron!

As to notices regarding permitting, the process varies from town to town,
county to county, state to state and by country as well.  It is impossible to
provide accurate instructions for all locations.  I check competitors'
websites from time to time and have yet to find anyone offering accurate
guidelines concerning permits.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass