Re: Need for pool

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in message >

> > "Frank Olson" wrote:
> >
> >  I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
> >> tagged" for non-compliant smokes?
>
> So far, none.  We already know that Olson has no problem with that since
he
> never installed anything.
>
> > DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
> > inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
> > requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited
his
> > website. Is there anything there at all about permitting and
> > inspections through the local jurisdictions.
>
> DIYers?  How about so-called "professional" installers?

Why didn't you answer about DIYer's? That was the topic. Why spin it? Duck
it? Dodge it?

>I spent 24 years running an illegal small, central station alarm company.
We didn't pull permits in any town that required them.

You couldn't have anyway without a license? Or... you would have had to act
like all other unlicensed contractors and have someone else pull one for
you?

> A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
> permit.

So your business was limited to those few rural towns...what a shame.

>I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.

Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?

 >Very often there would be a surprised look on the clerk's face followed
by,

"Why are you here? You need a license to pull a permit?"

>You see, almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits unless
the job is
> new construction.

And you have knowledge of this? You really are far removed from what
actually happens in the industry. Those that don't pull permits, in areas
that require them, either don't have a license or their insurance/worker
comp isn't up to date. Some of the nationals, giving systems away for
"Free", where not taking on the overhead. There isn't any reason not to pull
a permit. It is part of the job cost, which you have a hard time believing
exists. So don't classify those that can't pull a permit into something you
would like people to believe, like legal local companies don't pull permits
by choice.

>I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
> he'll get caught.

You would loose that bet, Bubble Butt.

> As to notices regarding permitting, the process varies from town to town,
> county to county, state to state and by country as well.  It is impossible
> provide accurate instructions for all locations.  I check competitors'
> websites from time to time and have yet to find anyone offering accurate
> guidelines concerning permits.

Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know) to simply
state, "Check with your local jurisdiction about permitting and plan
approval requirements for this product. Failure to  comply may result in
penalties from local and/or state authorities."  But than again, it might
look like you are supporting regulation and chase away the illegal
contractors you sell to, which might cut into your bottom line. Question is,
how deep.