Re: Need for pool

Robert L Bass wrote:

> You have no idea how many inspectors I know.  In the 24 years I ran an
> alarm company I had inspections by every one of them in Hartford County
> and several other counties.  The local FM in those days was also a
> personal friend of mine.  These days I hardly ever need to speak to an
> inspector, although I have sent copies of the Florida statute to several
> of them when they tried to stop customers from installing their own fire
> alarm systems.  In each of those few cases we prevailed.

Which begs the question...  How did you manage to "pass inspections"
when you weren't even a licensed contractor (L5) until 1989?  In CT, you
can't pull a permit without a contractors license.  I'd love to see you
explain that.

>> Two, you don't talk to city clerk employees at all.
>
> Again, you have no idea who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings
> then.

I understand you frequently spoke to Santa Claus.

> ... Olson, whi never installed anything, doesn't
> know it.

"You have no idea how many inspectors I know."  "Again, you have no idea
who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings then."

Look remotely familiar to you, Bass?

> I did not say that all alarm companies are ripping off consumers.  You
> seem a bit sensitive to this sort of discussion.  Hmm.

As you are...

> Naah.  I would prefer if rip-offs like Sonitrash and *most* of the
> so-called "authorized dealers" would go away.  I'm not trying to be
> anyone's Savior. That job is alrteady taken.  I just sell hardware and
> systems to people who want to do their own work.

You sell the *wrong hardware*, Bass.  You sell "systems" you've never
even seen, let alone serviced or installed.  You have no clue.

> You don't like it when someone twists your words?  Try citing me
> accurately next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.

Ditto!

> Having never been in prison other than as a lay minister, I can't tell
> what you might have read in the library.

I can't remember...  Are you "pink" now...  or a bilious shade of "yellow"?

>> How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> It just goes to show how easy it is to accuse and how difficult to
> disprove baseless accusations, doesn't it?  Once again, if you don't
> like receiving it, don't be so quick to dish it out.  You haven't a clue
> what my business is, how I treat my clients or what my experience is.
> You repeat Olson's lies as though they were gospel without bothering to
> check first.  Yet you're quite sensitive about having someone slap you
> right back.  If you want to be treated fairly, try doing the same.

Olson hasn't lied.

> If I thought I could make as good a living installing alarms as I can
> selling online, I'd buy an alarm company or take the simple test, get
> the license and start an installation business.  It's not rocket science.

You'd have to move to state without the strict licensing standards which
Florida subscribes to.

>> That is just it, you don't know who you are selling equipment to, let
>> alone
>> giving out info critical to the life, safety and welfare of the public.
>
> Bullshit!  I sell alarms to people who want to install their own
> systems. That's no more dangerous to the "life, safety and welfare of
> the public" than selling bicycles, clothes or apple pie.

How would you categorize selling a non-compliant smoke detector with a
DSC 1864?  Seems to me that you have to make a few changes on that page
(at the very least).  Oh...  and by the way...  DSC no longer
manufactures the Power 832, Power 864, or the PC-1555.  Get with the
program, dude!