Re: Need for pool

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in message
> > his
> >>
> >> DIYers?  How about so-called "professional" installers?
> >
> > Why didn't you answer about DIYer's? That was the topic. Why spin it?
Duck
> > it? Dodge it?
>
> Uh, no.  The topic is "Need for pool" but you and Olson turned it into a
> flame.

Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
know.

> >> I spent 24 years running an illegal small, central station alarm
company.

> > We didn't pull permits in any town that required them.
>
> Shame on you.

Oh ya, shame on me for all the dirty little tricks we play on line.

> > You couldn't have anyway without a license? Or... you would have had to
act
> > like all other unlicensed contractors and have someone else pull one for
> > you?
>
> I carried the CT L1 low voltage electrical contractor's license.  Where
are
> you getting your information from, Olson?  You ought to know by now he's a
> pathalogical liar.

About what? and try to spell check while you are thinking of a good anwer.
"Pathological"

> >> A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
> >> permit.
> >
> > So your business was limited to those few rural towns...what a shame.
>
> You think so?  You probably believe I only sell a little bit online, too.
> Call your local ADI rep and ask him who is the largest client (other than
the
> nationals) in my region.

Your region? Sarasota? And all the rural surrounding towns? You forget who
you are talking to.  The hardest job there is the CSI wantabes. With only
one DNA string and no dental records the place is a hoot.

> >> I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.
> >
> > Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?
>
> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.

Oh, that makes it OK then. Is that like OJ making action movies long before
Nichole.

> >>You see, almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits
unless
> >>the job is new construction.
> >
> > And you have knowledge of this?
>
> Yes, I do.  I've heard the same thing from numerous inspectors and city
clerk
> employees.  They practiucally never see an application for a permit for an
> alarm system installation.

A few things. One, you don't talk numerous inspectors at all. Two, you don't
talk to city clerk employees at all. So, as usual, you are talking to hear
yourself talk. Third, are you aware that with many cities, with their budget
cuts, have waived permits on residential post-wires? Not all of them, but
many of them. Instead there is a registration process so that the city still
gets their money and they retain the right to inspect the systems randomly.
That would probably never happen unless there was a complaint by the
homeowner. And fourth, it is "practically".

> > You really are far removed from what actually happens in the industry.
>
> You really are trying hard to believe that to be so.

No, your past and present comments prove it.

> > Those that don't pull permits, in areas that require them, either don't
have
> > a license or their insurance/worker
> > comp isn't up to date.
>
> I didn't say *why* most alarm companies don't bother pulling permits.  I
only
> said they don't.  I'll leave the explanation to you.

I did explain and you post without facts.

> > Some of the nationals, giving systems away for
> > "Free", where not taking on the overhead. There isn't any reason not to
pull
> > a permit. It is part of the job cost, which you have a hard time
believing
> > exists...
>
> I know what it costs to do the job right.

Really!! This discussion just recently took place and you showed then that
you don't have a clue. Or did you purposely leave out all business overhead
expenses to support your claim that alarm companies are ripping off the
consumer.

  I also know that many alarm
> companies don't even try to do anything right.

You don't know that, you assume that.

  They just slap in the least
> cost "system" so they get that recurring monthly revenue rolling and rush
> the next victim.

So in your infinite wisdom, you believe the world would be better off if all
the professional alarm companies would just dry up and blow away. Than you
would be the savior selling product to all those poor souls.

> I didn't realize you hadn't paid your workman's compensation
> insurance and that you are unlicensed.  You really should be ashamed of
> yourself.

Where the hell did that come from? You know how to look it up. Posting
without verification, or even worse, verifying but posting rubbish anyway
further proves you to be a liar, someone that would try to hurt someone's
business, as well as, open to whatever you may receive in return. Be careful
with your fun.

> > So don't classify those that can't pull a permit into something you
> > would like people to believe, like legal local companies don't pull
permits
> > by choice.
>
> I didn't say you were "legal" (I think you meant to say, "legitimate" but
with
> that limited vocabulary of yours... oh, never mind).

Well I didn't spend any time at the prison library but I meant legal.

LEGAL-  1) Having a formal status derived from law. (Such as a company that
is licensed)
2) Conforming to or permitted by law or established rules. (IF.SO. Chapter
489 Part II & 61G6)
3) One that conforms to rules or the law. (Not you).

> >> I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
> >> he'll get caught.
> >
> > You would loose that bet...
>
> That's easy to say, but prove it.

How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

> > Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know) to
simply
> > state, "Check with your local jurisdiction about permitting and plan
> > approval requirements for this product. Failure to  comply may result in
> > penalties from local and/or state authorities."
>
> Noah.  I tell people what is required by the national fire alarm code,
explain
> that the local HAJJ may have his own requirements and suggest they file
for a
> permit.  I also send all the required hardware documentation and (where
> available) provide a load calc spreadsheet.  Then I teach them how to do
the
> installation.  Fortunately, the job is so simple any primate can master
it.
> After all, you're in the business.

Yep, I am and you are not. So I guess that leaves out at least one primate,
doesn't it.

> > But than again, it might look like you are supporting regulation
> > and chase away the illegal contractors you sell to, which might
> > cut into your bottom line. Question is, how deep.
>
> Illegal contractors?

That is just it, you don't know who you are selling equipment to, let alone
giving out info critical to the life, safety and welfare of the public.

>Care to state which ones those might be?  >Names, dates
> and addresses, please.

Don't have a clue and neither do you.