Re: Need for pool

"Robert L Bass"  wrote in message

> >> -- snip ---
> >
> > Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
> > know.

  Well, that is correct.  I don't
> keep tabs on who gets inspected.  I sell hardware online.

So why do you post rubbish about systems not being inspected when you don't
know?

> Spell checking is Tom's responsibility.  I have enough trouble trying to
type
> without also worrying about spelling.

You didn't have a bit of trouble jumping into the subject matter when Tom
and I were having our little back and forth, which was all in jest. The only
difference was that you jumped in with a bunch of derogatory remarks as you
usually do.

> > Your region? Sarasota?
>
> Southwest Florida.

Oh, a lot of government installations happening there I'll bet. That is the
same area that the local city clerks sent a letter out to everyone stating
that one does not need a license to install alarm systems. Must be the same
city clerks you were talking to. Also, it could be the reason that the
inspectors you are talking to don't see any permit applications coming in.

> >> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.
> >
> > Oh, that makes it OK then.
>
> According to state law, yes.  We were required to have at least one L1
> contractor on staff.  That's nothing unusual.  The owners of many alarm
> companies are not licensed techs.  When I had enough documented hours I
took
> the test and got my journeyman's ticket.  I then accumulated the required
> hours for the second test, passed it and received my L1 contractor's
license.
> By then I already had two L1's and several L5's (journeymen) working for
me.
> That's standard trade practice in CT and fully compliant with the law.

CT is not southwest Florida Dorothy.

> You have no idea how many inspectors I know.

I know one.

>  In the 24 years I ran an alarm
> company I had inspections by every one of them in Hartford County and
several
> other counties.  The local FM in those days was also a personal friend of
> mine.  These days I hardly ever need to speak to an inspector, although I
have
> sent copies of the Florida statute to several of them when they tried to
stop
> customers from installing their own fire alarm systems.  In each of those
few
> cases we prevailed.

Send me a copy of what you sent them. I am truely interested in seeing it.

> I spoke of what I saw in my 24 years running an alarm company.

So you admit that what you post is ancient history and really is not up date
with what actually happens in today's world since you just sell parts
online.

 I sold the
> business before your idol, Bush wrecked the economy.

And where did I ever post my political views or support for one party over
another?

  The fact remains, regardless what
> some Florida towns might be doing today, that many (perhaps most) alarm
> companies rarely pull required permits.  I know that for a fact and I
suspect
> you do, too.

Well, lets take my city for an example. It has a little over 140,000
residents. It is a planned unit development with a mix of residential,
commercial and light industrial. The city has, in an ordinance, a
registration requirement for alarm companies that perform installations,
service and monitoring. There is also a police registration requirement for
the alarm user. We now have 224 alarm companies registered to do business in
the city. The alarm user cannot get a police registration until there is a
final inspection on the system listed in the building department. No police
registration, no response. Most of the 104 municipalities in the tri-county
area have the same exact process. So, I guess I post on facts that can be
substantiated rather than assumptions.

> You explained that you don't have a license or your insurance isn't paid
up?
> Which is it, no license or no insurance?  Or is it both?

Can't find were I said that. Please repost it since it is fresh in your
mind.

> >> I know what it costs to do the job right.

You said you haven't installed in years so how could you?

> > Really!! This discussion just recently took place and you showed then
that
> > you don't have a clue. Or did you purposely leave out all business
overhead
> > expenses to support your claim that alarm companies are ripping off the
> > consumer.
>
> I did not say that all alarm companies are ripping off consumers.

How many times, in hundreds of posts, did you refer to the professional
installer's client as "the victim"? Don't do the Bassanova shuffle by
pointing out the word "all". You know you constantly refer to the
professional company's clients as victims to support your DIY stance.

You seem a
> bit sensitive to this sort of discussion.

As a professional, of course I do.

> >>  I also know that many alarm
> >> companies don't even try to do anything right.
> >
> > You don't know that, you assume that.
>
> Nope, I've seen it.  I've taken over so many sloppy, slip-shod,
incompetent
> and incomplete "professional" installations over the years it's plain as
day
> many alarm companies just don't care about their clients at all.

In CT? Ancient history

 Fortunately,
> not all are like that.  There are a few like Bob C still around.

And you have seen his installs for comparison? Just making a point Bob C.
Nothing directed at you.

 I pull your
> chain now and then but I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be a
decent
> operator.

Twentieth year in business and was national VP of operations with 17 offices
around the country for 8 years prior to that.

> You don't like it when someone twists your words?  Try citing me
accurately
> next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.
>
> > Be careful with your fun.
>
> As I recall, you are the one who called relentless, unproked flames "kicks
and
> giggles."  If you don't like getting kicked back, try keeping your feet to
> yourself.

Is this a contest of who can kick harder? Or do want to keep the giggles in
it? It is "unprovoked"...hehehehe! See that didn't hurt did it.

> >> That's easy to say, but prove it.
> >
> > How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you.
Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

> It just goes to show how easy it is to accuse and how difficult to
disprove
> baseless accusations, doesn't it?

No, it only proves that only a fool would put his business info in the
street for the likes of you to play with. By not doing so doesn't prove that
the info doesn't exist. It is you that has a hard time proving your baseless
accusations.

  Once again, if you don't like receiving it,
> don't be so quick to dish it out.  You haven't a clue what my business is,
how
> I treat my clients or what my experience is.

Only what you tell us. And...based on your actions here, your right, I
haven't a clue about whether it is a lie or not.

 You repeat Olson's lies as
> though they were gospel without bothering to check first.  Yet you're
quite
> sensitive about having someone slap you right back.  If you want to be
treated
> fairly, try doing the same.

I have tried to have civil correspondence with you, only to have my name or
references to my name used in other posts, by you, that wasn't at all
necessary since I wasn't even involved. Seen how you play early on. You
respect no one, ever.

> I guaranty you're not out of your league as to raw intelligence, knowledge
and
> experience.  That's not arrogance.  It's just fact.

Thank you.

> >> After all, you're in the business.
> >
> > Yep, I am and you are not. So I guess that leaves out at least one
primate,
> > doesn't it.
>
> Bullshit!  I sell alarms to people who want to install their own systems.
> That's no more dangerous to the "life, safety and welfare of the public"
than
> selling bicycles, clothes or apple pie.

If you say so.

> BTW, I also sell alarms and lots of other stuff to federal and state
> government agancies and to every branch of the military.  In addition, I
sell
> to numerous Fortune 500 companies.

Yep..there is alot of that type of clientele in the southwest region of
Florida. Most of the people living in that area of the state signed the
Constitution, were in the Civil War or had such companies as Papst Blue
Ribbon. The average age there is "dead and don't realize it." Oh and it is
"agencies" Your typing is going to hell in a hand basket.

 > You said my clients are illegal.  Now you admit you haven't a clue.  Nice
> work.

Sorta like your comments that most alarm companies don't pull permits but
you don't know who. You just heard. Well, unlicensed contactors need a place
to buy equipment without getting ask for a license or sale tax certificates
at a wholesale house. Where do they buy with no questions ask? Online maybe?
If you don't ask, you don't care and if you don't care you probably have
some in your clientele and don't misinterpret that to mean that I am
suggesting that you are doing something illegal. Without consideration maybe
for what they are doing to the very industry that you claim is ripping
people off, but not illegal.