Re: Need for pool

Robert L Bass wrote:

> According to state law, yes.  We were required to have at least one L1
> contractor on staff.

That would be an L5, Bob.  You need an L5 to pull a permit.  I'm pretty
sure you've never held an "L1".

"Limited electrical line contractor's license (L-1).

The holder of this license may perform only work limited to line
construction,
including distribution systems, and their allied work, for public and
private
companies; installation, maintenance and repair of all high-voltage
cable splicing
and pulling wire for all systems in excess of 2,400 volts; traffic
signal and
highway lighting installation, maintenance and repair.  The requirements
to qualify
for this license examination shall be two (2) years as properly licensed
journeyperson or at least six (6) years of equivalent experience and
training.

I'm sure you've installed a lot of "traffic lights"...

> That's nothing unusual.  The owners of many alarm
> companies are not licensed techs.  When I had enough documented hours I
> took the test and got my journeyman's ticket.  I then accumulated the
> required hours for the second test, passed it and received my L1
> contractor's license.

That's an L5, Bob.  You forgot to mention that you took that test in
1989 after you'd been caught installing an alarm system without a
permit.  "Whoops!"

> By then I already had two L1's

L5's

> and several L5's

L6's

> (journeymen) working for me. That's standard trade practice in CT and
> fully compliant with the law.

And you still can't get your "L's" straight.  Considering you had an L5
from 1989 until 1999, I find that interesting.

http://goofysplace.com/L5.htm

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:cFIWjD_4v9EJ:www.multistate.com/CEDIA.nsf/4d8c7c64c383353285256ca7006b8331/f1177d901557dffb85256cd70059a743/%24FILE/Connecticut%2520Law.doc+connecticut+L-6+License&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9