Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

> I don't know why my business model gets
> to other dealers !...

It scares them.  They already have a hard time making a sale and then you
come along offering more complete protection and free service.  Of course
they get upset.  It's the same reason they fear DIY.  Customers can get more
for their money and not have to pay these guys a cent.

> I get the same stuff in person at meetings when I speak up about
> something.....snide comments....or jabs about "free service" etc. I got in
> this business to supplement my efforts in helping people secure their
> homes. One thing lead to another, and before I knew it, I was in the alarm
> business almost by accident...

Same here.  A friend at work asked me to help him install an alarm system.
While we were working his neighbor came over and asked if I'd take a look at
his house.  That was over 28 years ago.

> Besides, I get just as upset with them when
> they refuse to discuss full security options
> with clients...

There's a simple reason for that, Bob.  They make more money from monitoring
than installing so it's to their financial advantage to get the job done as
fast as possible and move on to the next install.

> Aw hell...I think it's about time I got out
> of this industry and handed the reins
> fully to my son. I'm getting far too crusty!!

Well, come on down.  The pool is getting warmer every day and the new BBQ
grill is on the way.

> All I can see anymore are the bad things
> about our industry....ADT dealer program bullshit....locked
> boards.....scummy little
> lowlife destroying peoples sense of security
> in their own home.....

Hmm.  You're starting to sound like me.  :^)

> Time for a vacation.....leaving June 13th heading out West on my new
> bike....Winnipeg to see Reg Siemens hopefully for a short visit....across
> to Vancouver to visit Action Jackson hopefully.....down the coast highway
> along the Pacific Ocean....over to Kanab, Utah for a four day bike
> rally.....back home via New Mexico if it's not too hot....four weeks of
> nothing but the open road.....let my son worry about dead batteries
> etc....

Wrong direction.  Just head SSE for four days.  You'll have to do so before
the end of July though.  I'm going to Brazil for a couple of months.  We've
finally got the VoIP rigged up so my 800 numbers and fax will ring through.

BTW, here's a gallery with a few pictures I snapped in Brazil this spring.
http://photos.bassburglaralarms.com

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics