Want to move Brinks keypad

I want to move the keypad to my Brinks system to the other side of the
laundry room, about 6 feet away from it's present location.  I plan to
disconnect it, pull the wire up out of the wall, thread the same wire back
down into the opposite wall and then reconnect the keypad.  I'm wondering if
I will run into any trouble doing this.  I would reconnect the same color
wires where they were before.
Would it cause my system to lose any codes?  I know Brinks would charge over
$150 to do this, so I'm trying to do it myself.  Reason:  Just bought a new
freezer that is now blocking access to the keypad.