Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

Jeezy weezy - this thread has grown to a ridiculous length; the OP has
long since solved his original issue and has moved on......

So Im hoping no one will mind if I throw in my worthless 2 cents.

When I bought my house, it had a DSC alarm in it.

(Which meant NOTHING to me. ADT, Brinks, DSC, Ademco... blah blah blah
de freaking blah. All meaningless words to someone not at all even
remotely familiar with how alarm systems and monitoring work (IMO 99%
of the world).

So, I bought the house, one plus was: Hey - it's got an alarm system
already!

Called ADT (there were stickers and signs that said this house
monitored by ADT)......

They said: Um, sorry - not our equipment - we can't monitor this. But
WE CAN replace it for you!

I said: Um... no thanks, see ya!

At the time, I had NO IDEA that there were independent monitoring
companies; and no info on who _was_ monitoring the panel was passed on
during/after the home sale.

So, in my mind - I had an alarm system that no one wanted to touch.

Go online, download some manuals.... try to figure out the system code
for a couple weeks (0001, 0002, 0003..........).

Finally give up on that; learn the procedure for a hardwire
default.....

And then reprogramming.....

And all that is entailed with that; and also bought an autodialer.

5 years later - here I am.

Final thought: There is a lot of personal crap thrown back and forth in
these forums.

Sometimes I throw it, sometimes I'm hit with it.

I'd like to give a quick and LOUD thank you for the people that know
the answers taking the time to post here.

Matt