Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

"Tocapet" <tocapet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:JISee.33907$Ow2.13358@xxxxxxxxxxx
>I want to move the keypad to my Brinks system to the other side of the
>laundry room, about 6 feet away from it's present location.  I plan to
>disconnect it, pull the wire up out of the wall, thread the same wire back
>down into the opposite wall and then reconnect the keypad.  I'm wondering
>if I will run into any trouble doing this.  I would reconnect the same
>color wires where they were before.
> Would it cause my system to lose any codes?  I know Brinks would charge
> over $150 to do this, so I'm trying to do it myself.  Reason:  Just bought
> a new freezer that is now blocking access to the keypad.

The Brinks controls I've seen are all tampered.  Opening the box will result
in a signal going to Brinks.  Tampering with your equipment while under
contract violates your agreement, and could result in their taking action
(which will mean extra service charges, etc.).  I'd strongly suggest you
give Brinks a call and have them move the keypad.  It's not worth the grief
over a hundred or so bucks.