Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

> The Brinks controls I've seen are all tampered.
> Opening the box will result in a signal going to
> Brinks.  Tampering with your equipment while
> under contract violates your agreement, and
> could result in their taking action (which will
> mean extra service charges, etc.).

Yes, and if you remove the tag the mattress police will come and take you
away.  :^)

Reality check:  Call Brinks.  Tell them to put your system on "test" for a
couple of hours and to ignore all signals.  Power down the panel.  Move the
keypad.  Restore power.  Call Brinks.  Tel them you're all finished.  No one
will be dispatched and they will not charge you anything.

> I'd strongly suggest you give Brinks a call and
> have them move the keypad...

If you feel comfortable pulling the wire save the money and DIY.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics