Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

I used to give clients keys to their panels...they deserve them right?? =
Sure, they own the system right? The only problem is clients don't read =
or follow instructions (duh). So, the next illogical event is; wife arms =
alarm system goes out of town, hubby (who hardly ever uses the system =
all by himself) comes home and cannot disarm the system, siren blaring, =
of course he doesn't remember his password or his code...but he does =
freeking remember; where his wire cutters, screwdriver, and ladder are. =
He opens the panel box and proceeds, not to just disconnect one or two =
wires, but to cut every freeking wire in the box. And he cuts them =
SHORT, and he cuts them where the wire tags now are of NO help to =
reassemble the system.

Now we are looking at HOURS to ring out every wire, move the box =
(because he cut the wires short, replace the transformer since he =
shorted it by cutting the power wires...blah blah blah.

Then the phone call to me; YOUR alarm is screwed up YOU need to come and =
fix YOUR alarm! (Implying: FOR FREE). Actually, sir, my alarm is =
fine...you bought the one you chopped up, you will have to pay for =
repairs. Yep..estimated repair time 3 hrs + parts.

This is not a made up situation, it's happened enough times that I =
decided to not give out box keys....problem is when a client calls after =
not replacing sys battery for 9 years and they don't want to pay for =
service either, they can't get at the battery to change it themselves.

Moral?....fxxk if I know.