Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:oTofe.3$xe2.616@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So,,,if you open the box it breaks your contract with them? Thats a great
way to cancel a contract then! :-)

I didn't say that.  I said it opens the door for Brinks to come out and
"verify" all is well.  You seem to forget that most alarm companies (mine
included) don't like end-users tampering with equipment that they're
providing monitoring service for.  The three Brinks systems we wound up
replacing were all tampered.  Robert *still* hasn't provided the correct
reconnection sequence for power up.  If the homeowner does it wrong, he
could wind up frying the board which (even on a "month-to-month" contract)
will result in some heavy service charges.