Re: Want to move Brinks keypad

Mike, for crying out loud, how many times do I have to repeat myself: I
don't give free service. It's built in to my rate - period ! As is my
warranty ! And if I come across as irritable, I apologize, but I've just
done my thing with the tax department and I am some pissed off right now. I
gave over half my business income to the government last year. I had to sit
down with a Chartered Accountant to do some long range tax planning, for no
other reason than I'm making too damn much money. What the hell's the point
of running a business if the government steals more than half of it, and
then pisses it away with idiotic programs like the long gun registry, or
steals it through the Sponsorship Program...

No, I don't give a damn what all the other local dealers say about my "too
low monitoring rate". And the fact that I don't nickel and dime them for
every little thing !! I did a calculation...if I raised my rate to fair
market rate of $20 monthly, I'd make $75K more per year and give the fu**ing
tax department about $50K of that. Screw them ! I'd rather give it back to
my customers in lower prices !!

So lay off the "free service" sh*t please ! If you feel you have to charge
for every little visit, be my guest ! Run your business the way you see fit
and I'll do the same. Either way, we'll both continue to beat the crap out
of Big Blue in the process...hell they're no real competition. Other small
dealers are the only real competition. If I lose to them, I don't really
care; at least the customer will have a better chance at getting a decent
system than dealing with the Borg..

RHC