Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

darn ... i got some stories to tell about experiences down here .. I
just wouldnt know where to start ...

though I did get attacked with home made axes at a local chicken shack
and they stole my brand new jeep ..

LOL....

the faces you describe, i see almost every day here!

Rory

Jackcsg wrote:
> Well hell just look at the world around us. If it isn't plastic, or
you
> can't buy it at Wal-Mart....
> I swear, I think 90% of the world suffers from A.D.D., or A.A.D.D.
>
> I went to an office today to rough in two computer/phone drops today
into a
> small office of a General Contractor customer of mine, who naturally
through
> poor planning called me late yesterday afternoon, and needed it done
by noon
> today. Uggh. So I arrived to find this chicken shack built 8 by 12
foot
> office they built (for the owner of the company) off their existing
office
> (warehouse type building). The owner points to two plastic boxes on
adjacent
> walls were the wires need to go (no big deal). I looked at some of
the
> electrical wiring, and just shook my head. I said to the owner, "You
can't
> bury an electrical splice box in the wall....it's against code". She
> replied, "look around....nothing is up to code around here". I
thought to
> myself....."why would I expect a General Contractor, especially one
that
> does 6 million a year, to be observant to any codes.....". Uggh. Then
in
> walks one of the company Superintendents, all to happy to point out
that he
> wired it, and that he drilled the holes out bigger so I could just
run my
> voice and data lines right along with his electric in the same hole.
I told
> him, "not only is it against code, but you'd have major Electrical
> Interference with doing it that way". I told him thanks, and that I
would
> just drill my own holes....About an hour later, I hand the $110.00
dollar
> bill to the owner of the company. She made a face like she was trying
> pass a peach pit, and said "would it have been any cheaper if I just
had you
> drop off the wire? My guys could have done what you did for a
fraction of
> the cost".
> Know this is when I just act 20 years old again...."Just doing what I
was
> told.....have a nice day".
> What would an actual 20 year old have done in that situation? Hell
forget
> age....what would the average person have done in that situation? I
swear, I
> should have done more drugs in my youth...I clearly don't fit in.
Once again