Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

Actually, this is not as uncommon as you  might think. I and other small
dealers of my acquaintance do this on occasion when the situation warrants
it. Recently there was a huge downturn in the local Ottawa marketplace and
thousands of high tech types lost their jobs. A few called me up and asked
to disconnect the monitoring. When we discussed the situation, and I found
out why they wished to disconnect (morgaged to the hilt, no savings etc...),
I told them I would monitor their systems for no charge for a year, or until
things began to look up for them. If at that time, they wished to continue,
they could pay me past due, and continue. If they really wished to
disconnect, then that's fine too !!

Of the six or eight people who did this, a couple came back. The others
unfortunately were forced to sell their home and move on (these others must
have been in truly dire straits not to be able to afford $15 a month). But
at least during that time, they weren't left with no real protection, and I
do know I got some good press in their internal company newsgroups.

So, hey...what goes around comes around....

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
www.homemetal.com