Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"paid for" being a key phrase here.

If you haven't paid your phone bill the phone company has the right to
impede your use of your phone (which you own), so does an alarm company if
you haven't paid your monitoring bill in long time, this can apply to many
different business models. Of course you have a right not to *enforce* any
terms of a contract you enter into.

I disagree with you there, Crash.  I would never impede or restrict a
customer's use of his own alarm equipment.  You're only asking for trouble
if you do that.  If a customer of mine wasn't paying his monitoring or
service bills I'd simply send him a letter of cancellation/termination
notice (as long as *he* owned the equipment).  I then remove the account
(communicator) information and default the panel installer code only after
the effective date on the termination notice.  If it was leased, I'd arrange
to have the equipment picked up at that time as well.  All leased equipment
is "locked out".  I never use lock-outs on customer owned equipment, but
each monitored panel has a unique installer code that is only known to our
service techs.