Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

> Actually, this is not as uncommon as you
> might think. I and other small dealers of
> my acquaintance do this on occasion when
> the situation warrants it...

I'm not at all surprised to learn that you've done the same thing I have.
It's just a combination of being nice and being a smart businessman.  It's
nice to help good people when they're down.  It's also good business sense
because you do get it back in the long run.

> Of the six or eight people who did this,
> a couple came back. The others unfortunately
> were forced to sell their home and move on...

There were more than eight for us but fortunately most were able to continue
the service when things got better.  I did do one thing differently though.
I told them that the year's was on me.  When things got better they could
start with a fresh slate -- without having to pay for the free year I gave
them.  This made it easier for them to decide to start paying again the
following year since they weren't saddled with a 2-year charge (we always
billed annually).

> (these others must have been in truly dire
> straits not to be able to afford $15 a month).
> But at least during that time, they weren't
> left with no real protection, and I do know
> I got some good press in their internal
> company newsgroups.
>
> So, hey...what goes around comes around....

Exactly.  It's neither surprising that you did this nor that some of the
others find it hard to understand.  It's indicative of the kind of
businessman you are (and they aren't).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass