Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

Well hell just look at the world around us. If it isn't plastic, or you
can't buy it at Wal-Mart....
I swear, I think 90% of the world suffers from A.D.D., or A.A.D.D.

I went to an office today to rough in two computer/phone drops today into a
small office of a General Contractor customer of mine, who naturally through
poor planning called me late yesterday afternoon, and needed it done by noon
today. Uggh. So I arrived to find this chicken shack built 8 by 12 foot
office they built (for the owner of the company) off their existing office
(warehouse type building). The owner points to two plastic boxes on adjacent
walls were the wires need to go (no big deal). I looked at some of the
electrical wiring, and just shook my head. I said to the owner, "You can't
bury an electrical splice box in the wall....it's against code". She
replied, "look around....nothing is up to code around here". I thought to
myself....."why would I expect a General Contractor, especially one that
does 6 million a year, to be observant to any codes.....". Uggh. Then in
walks one of the company Superintendents, all to happy to point out that he
wired it, and that he drilled the holes out bigger so I could just run my
voice and data lines right along with his electric in the same hole. I told
him, "not only is it against code, but you'd have major Electrical
Interference with doing it that way". I told him thanks, and that I would
just drill my own holes....About an hour later, I hand the $110.00 dollar
bill to the owner of the company. She made a face like she was trying to
pass a peach pit, and said "would it have been any cheaper if I just had you
drop off the wire? My guys could have done what you did for a fraction of
the cost".
Know this is when I just act 20 years old again...."Just doing what I was
told.....have a nice day".
What would an actual 20 year old have done in that situation? Hell forget
age....what would the average person have done in that situation? I swear, I
should have done more drugs in my youth...I clearly don't fit in. Once again
I blame my parents....