Re: OYE on DIY

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:NyL%d.83$cY4.1786@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
yah...they call it PID. it's ok once i figured it out...tech support was
scratching their heads too...it doesn't work exactly as implied...or rather
not implied...and inconsistant from one address to the next on a few fields.

eh...it's cheep and it werks...perfect for what I used it for.

Same thing different name, old Caddx panels had to have the CID report codes
programmed just like FBI panels, always a pain remembering stuff like if
it's the 1st digit or 2nd that does the event etc.

And on top of that I've seen problems where FBI panels can't send properly
on marginal phone lines, I hope they fixed that in the new stuff, only thing
I can't figure out is why even bring out the line in the first place unless
Honeywell just needs another product line. I never missed that brand and it
still haunts me to this day, I had to remember how an XL4800 reports today
(shudder)

Ever notice how every manufacturer has ONE panel that is totally different
and a pain in the ass from what came before or after?

Ademco - 4120EC
FBI - XL4800
Moose - Z1100 System II
DSC - WLS900
ITI - SX-V
C&K Eclipse 2.1
Caddx - 8800

> "Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> That time included programming that little sucker...never did an Omni
> 408...cheep cheep cheep...but seems to work fine.
>
> Honeywell certainly is trying to improve their install/programming
> manuals...they came close with this one...but still took some
experimenting
> to get the CID to report correctly.
>

> The 408 is a reborn FBI XL-20, FBI CID programming stinks compared to
other
> panels, always has
>

> "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hahahaha....that's one of the best posts I've read for a long long time
!!

> > Gawd, how I can relate to that....LOVE IT !!!
> >
> > RHC
> >
> > "Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > How about the Radio Shack diy install I went to friday? Lady wants it
> > monitored...yah right. The prewire was beautiful, obviously a pro job,
but
> > the trim-out was silly...window magnets stuck on the glass because Radio
> > Shack only sells those big honkin' contacts and they wouldn't fit on the
> > reveal of the window frame. Loved the little nicad battery packs too.
> >
> > Total re-do before I'd take this one...gave her a smokin' remodel price
> > too...with my luck this week she'll get a Skylink system too!
> >
> > Or...the Monitronics I pulled out yesterday...WHY would anyone install a
> > wireless system if the front door is 2 feet from the alarm panel?
(office