Re: OYE on DIY

Hahahaha....that's one of the best posts I've read for a long long time !!

Gawd, how I can relate to that....LOVE IT !!!

RHC

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
How about the Radio Shack diy install I went to friday? Lady wants it
monitored...yah right. The prewire was beautiful, obviously a pro job, but
the trim-out was silly...window magnets stuck on the glass because Radio
Shack only sells those big honkin' contacts and they wouldn't fit on the
reveal of the window frame. Loved the little nicad battery packs too.

Total re-do before I'd take this one...gave her a smokin' remodel price
too...with my luck this week she'll get a Skylink system too! ;-)))))))))))

Or...the Monitronics I pulled out yesterday...WHY would anyone install a
wireless system if the front door is 2 feet from the alarm panel? (office
warehouse) and the ohd was 2 feet on the other side? Took me an hour and a
half to install twice the system that was there and all hardwired. Its an
ITI something or other...huge honkin' keypad/panel with a cute little 9v
"backup" battery. How long can you run an Amseco SSX siren on a 9v battery
btw??? :-0

I dunno man...I must be gettin too old for this shit.