Re: OYE on DIY

You won't win them all, that's for sure.  Once I did a prewire for a
contractor (did get paid for it) but when it came time to do the
finish, the new homeowner made it clear that he wanted to trim it out
himself.  He wanted a finished material quote, had two or three other
companies out there giving him quotes on the finish materials as well.
Turned out he went to Radio Shack and bought a system. Use my wires,
put in his system, never heard from him again.

For sure you have to charge a little more on the next one to make up
for the one you didn't get, but at the same time, certain national
firms have given folks the impression that you really can get something
for nothing, even though grown adults ought to know better.  Seems
though that so many of them don't know better.

It's a tough market today for this reason.

Al Colombo

---
Allan B. Colombo, trade journalist
 e-Community Kiosk: www.e-commkiosk.com