OYE on DIY

Why DIYers piss me off.

$800,000.00 house out in the boonies...custom house, really nice.
I prewired it a month ago..beautiful job, lots of extra wire even though =
we didn't know who was going to buy it (it was a spec...and only a =
prewire). But we usually do get the trim out. Surround sound, CCTV, all =
that stuff.

So we meet the buyers a few weeks ago at the site...the WORST sales call =
I ever had..they brought grandma, grandpa, their dog, their old =
neighbors, their 3 bratty kids, the neighbor's 4 bratty kids (all =
running around the desert screaming at the dog, horses and coyotes). I =
told my partner we should just say "hi" and re-schedule. We had no =
control, but he wanted to stay (dumb). Anyway, we struggled through a =
presentation of sorts..and the man of the house starts asking about =
prices...I told him the security would be about 1500.00 to trim out (a =
very fair price for the scope of the job). He started (literally) =
jumping up and down and screaming...like he was having a =
seizure...screaming about how he HAD to SPEND 70,000$ on landscaping and =
blah blah blah. I said; holy shit this guy's gonna have a heart attack =
out here in the middle of nowhere. He was about drooling and slathering =
spittle...very weird. Needless to say we didn't discuss prices on =
anything else...especially after he asked whats the difference between =
us and Monitronics - he never listened to my explaination anyway..he =
managed to burp out that I should email him a proposal..which I did.

His wife was EXTREMELY interested in security, the house being out in =
the middle of nowhere and all, and desert brush fires, and the bratty =
kids.

So, today I drive by there and see a Skylink sign in the yard. This =
freekin cheepsake spends 800K on a house, 70K on landscaping and 179.00$ =
on a cheep ass wireless self monitored piece of crap? I felt like asking =
for my wire back since he's not using it.

So his wife's concerns about security and fire/life safety are satisfied =
by a cheep wireless alarm that will call him on a cell phone in an area =
where there is absolutely no cell service. Sheesh.