Re: OYE on DIY

How about the Radio Shack diy install I went to friday? Lady wants it =
monitored...yah right. The prewire was beautiful, obviously a pro job, =
but the trim-out was silly...window magnets stuck on the glass because =
Radio Shack only sells those big honkin' contacts and they wouldn't fit =
on the reveal of the window frame. Loved the little nicad battery packs =
too.

Total re-do before I'd take this one...gave her a smokin' remodel price =
too...with my luck this week she'll get a Skylink system too! =

Or...the Monitronics I pulled out yesterday...WHY would anyone install a =
wireless system if the front door is 2 feet from the alarm panel? =
(office warehouse) and the ohd was 2 feet on the other side? Took me an =
hour and a half to install twice the system that was there and all =
hardwired. Its an ITI something or other...huge honkin' keypad/panel =
with a cute little 9v "backup" battery. How long can you run an Amseco =
SSX siren on a 9v battery btw??? :-0

I dunno man...I must be gettin too old for this shit.