Re: OYE on DIY

What drives me nuts with some panels is revision changes...you go out =
with a programming sheet only to find that the panel is a slightly =
different revision than the sheet you have (missing or added =
entries)...and who keeps track of what revision board you have out there =
anyway. (Well, this is something I have started to do now)

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> yah...they call it PID. it's ok once i figured it out...tech support =
was
> scratching their heads too...it doesn't work exactly as implied...or =
rather
> not implied...and inconsistant from one address to the next on a few =
fields.
>=20
> eh...it's cheep and it werks...perfect for what I used it for.
>=20
>=20
> Same thing different name, old Caddx panels had to have the CID report =
codes
> programmed just like FBI panels, always a pain remembering stuff like =
if
> it's the 1st digit or 2nd that does the event etc.
>=20
> And on top of that I've seen problems where FBI panels can't send =
properly
> on marginal phone lines, I hope they fixed that in the new stuff, only =
thing
> I can't figure out is why even bring out the line in the first place =
unless
> Honeywell just needs another product line. I never missed that brand =
and it
> still haunts me to this day, I had to remember how an XL4800 reports =
today
> (shudder)
>=20
> Ever notice how every manufacturer has ONE panel that is totally =
different
> and a pain in the ass from what came before or after?
>=20
> Ademco - 4120EC
> FBI - XL4800
> Moose - Z1100 System II
> DSC - WLS900
> ITI - SX-V
> C&K Eclipse 2.1
> Caddx - 8800
>=20
>=20
> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > That time included programming that little sucker...never did an =
Omni
> > 408...cheep cheep cheep...but seems to work fine.
> >
> > Honeywell certainly is trying to improve their install/programming
> > manuals...they came close with this one...but still took some
> experimenting
> > to get the CID to report correctly.
> >

> > The 408 is a reborn FBI XL-20, FBI CID programming stinks compared =
> other
> > panels, always has
> >

> > "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > Hahahaha....that's one of the best posts I've read for a long long =
time
> !!
> > >
> > > Gawd, how I can relate to that....LOVE IT !!!
> > >
> > > RHC
> > >
> > > "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > How about the Radio Shack diy install I went to friday? Lady wants =
it
> > > monitored...yah right. The prewire was beautiful, obviously a pro =
job,
> but
> > > the trim-out was silly...window magnets stuck on the glass because =
Radio
> > > Shack only sells those big honkin' contacts and they wouldn't fit =
on the
> > > reveal of the window frame. Loved the little nicad battery packs =
too.

> > > Total re-do before I'd take this one...gave her a smokin' remodel =
price
> > > too...with my luck this week she'll get a Skylink system too!
> > >
> > > Or...the Monitronics I pulled out yesterday...WHY would anyone =
install a
> > > wireless system if the front door is 2 feet from the alarm panel?
> (office
> > > warehouse) and the ohd was 2 feet on the other side? Took me an =
hour and
> > > half to install twice the system that was there and all hardwired. =
Its