Re: cleaner wiring solution needed

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:mf6dnddPEdUvV9jfRVn-hw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Frank, I've tried a few different brands, and have also settled on GRI. I
> had a lot of bad contacts right out of the bag with Tane, and a few
> contacts from Ademco that went bad later and cost me a couple of false
> alarm charges (ADI swore my experience with Ademco contacts was just a bad
> run of units and that could very well be the case).  Never had any
> problems with Amseco though..

Tried was promoting Tane big time a couple of years ago.  I took one look at
them and decided not to even try them.  The housing on the 3/8" shorties
looked flimsy.  The plastic was so thin you could practically see what was
inside.  When I squeezed the sample they gave me between my fingers I could
feel the glass around the reed break.  I'm sure if I gave them to one of my
"primates" to use in the field, I'd have gone through ten for every one they
installed successfully.   Besides that, they didn't offer them with built-in
EOL's.