Re: cleaner wiring solution needed

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0NA%d.5$Hp3.469@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yah...Westec did that here too...man their wire costs musta been high.

Westec Edmonton was a darn good outfit.  Mostly high end, high visibility
residential.  I recall one of their sales guys getting really upset with the
company I was working for there.  We'd switched to Ademco products when ADI
opened their branch in Edmonton and started installing Vista 40's almost
exclusively.  We'd home-run everything in an area of one of these "monster"
houses (front upper, back upper, front lower, and back lower) to expanders
in a convenient closet.  When Westec took over one of our pre-wires, well,
golly gosh darn, the only points that were home run to the actual control
unit were in the basement (+ the keypads).  "What?" I asked.  "You mean
you've never heard of an addressable system??"

The Edmonton franchise holders sold the whole kit and kaboodle to ADT in
around 1986/87.  They walked away with a really nice "pile" of change...
That's when more than just the name went into the toilet.  ADT was selling
the $395 systems then and their residential service sucked.  They couldn't
obtain parts for the Westec panels from California and the customers with
these systems wound up bailing on them big time.