Re: cleaner wiring solution needed

Actually, once someone shows you the correct methodology to sharpen bits by
hand, it is very easy. And you can "customize" the drill angles to make it
drill differently ie: for wood it can go through more quickly but won't work
on steel  for example. I go through untold bits in my machine shop and have
learned to sharpen most anything by hand.

Only thing is, if you plan to use any bits for precision cutting on a lathe,
never sharpen them by hand. They usually won't cut accurate holes again
(measured in the thousandth of inches) once sharpened. I keep a special high
quality set for use ONLY on the lathe or milling machine for that reason.

The long bits we use for alarm work are easy to sharpen by hand. One caution
though !!  When  the bit breaks off from the shaft, NEVER weld them (even
using the precision of the lathe and the quality of a MIG welder). They must
be silver soldered back on or they will simply snap off again (usually
leaving you with a problem bit lodged in your hole at the worst possible
time... :(((

RHC