Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

> Throw that into the border debate. Mexicans
> coming to the States for the first time are
> generally healthier than ones who are born
> and raised here.  Once you get away from
> grandma's cooking simple traditional foods
> back home and go to prepackaged foods,
> alcohol and cigarettes, it is the beginning of the end for some...

You're probably right about that.  From what
I've heard, diet is a major factor in the onset
and progress of diabetes.

I had an interesting discussion with a group
of Brazilian friends this afternoon.  One of the
chief concerns of those who are here for the
long term is their children's loss of Brazilian
culture.  It's not that they don't want to be
assimilated into the American society.  They
just don't want to lose touch with their own
heritage.  Though I know only a few Mexicans
and none of them closely, I suspect this is as
much a concern among them as it is with any
immigrant society.