Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

On Jul 6, 2:17 am, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is something that probably bothers you a lot more than it will bother
> your customers.
>
> Doug

You are right about that...we are the ones that will field the phone
calls at all hours of the day/night e.g.  I came home from holidays
and my alarm wasn't turned on...what's going on?

For those dealers that have built their business on quality customer
care and support, this is not a decision that is entered into
lightly.  At present when a customer calls and is having problems
turning their alarm on or off we can give them immediate assistance
(without having to first determine panel type).  20 years of
installations and every panel arming or disarming routine has been
identical i.e. enter the 4-digit code.  If we start installing the
"new and improved" Paradox, that consistency goes out the window.  If
you have an assortment of panels out there already and every arming
and disarming sequence is unique then this is no big deal, but when
you've had a standard for 20 years that you've adopted and someone
arbitrarily forces an "upgrade" on their dealers that changes that
standard and will result in a higher number of customer care
incidents, then they need to hear about it and if they don't respond
they risk losing our business.  It appears that's the path Paradox has
chosen.  Sad because again I think they had a great product.