Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

> I am in total agreement with Reg. In the
> residential market where I sell services,
> anything that makes a panel more difficult
> to operate is a step backward...

In this instance I disagree, Bob.  Pressing
a single extra key, such as "Home" or
"Away" is just not complicated, especially
since the vast majority of installations are
for new customers who will be instructed
that this is the way to operate the alarm.
It's not as though most already have a
system and must now learn a whole new
procedure.

Also, many people prefer to press a key
to select an operating mode such as "Home,"
"Away" or "Off" after entering a code.  I
think you underestimate the average user.
Of course, since I deal primarily with DIY,
it may be that my average customer is
more on the ball than the average user.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics