Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on this point Bob. I
want nothing to do with the way Ademco operates. This is simply a
foreign method of operating versus DSC or Paradox methodology. It may
well be as you say that new customers can be trained, but I prefer to
stay with the simplest form of operating any panel. Your DIY clients
are probably more conscious of operating procedures versus the more
casual user of professionally installed alarm systems, and they
probably are more "aware" of the intricacies of at least the
operations of an alarm system by dint of their interest in the whole
subject, so it might not present much of an issue, but I believe it
will for the average user. And those who have a panel (and keypad)
replaced under warranty will have to relearn the damn thing.

Perhaps I may be making too much of an issue over this, but I don't
think so. I really don't want to abandon a whole line of products
which has proven to be superb up to this point, but might have to. I
know Reg feels the same way, since he called me on it....

I have to confirm this yet with Paradox.

RHC

On Jul 5, 10:00 am, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I am in total agreement with Reg. In the
> > residential market where I sell services,
> > anything that makes a panel more difficult
> > to operate is a step backward...
>
> In this instance I disagree, Bob.  Pressing
> a single extra key, such as "Home" or
> "Away" is just not complicated, especially
> since the vast majority of installations are
> for new customers who will be instructed
> that this is the way to operate the alarm.
> It's not as though most already have a
> system and must now learn a whole new
> procedure.
>
> Also, many people prefer to press a key
> to select an operating mode such as "Home,"
> "Away" or "Off" after entering a code.  I
> think you underestimate the average user.
> Of course, since I deal primarily with DIY,
> it may be that my average customer is
> more on the ball than the average user.  :^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>