Re: Major shortcoming in Paradox new panel lineup

> I guess you and I will have to agree to
> disagree on this point Bob. I want nothing
> to do with the way Ademco operates...

OK, but I'm really a Napco man.

> This is simply a foreign method of operating
> versus DSC or Paradox methodology. It may
> well be as you say that new customers can
> be trained, but I prefer to stay with the
> simplest form of operating any panel...

If it works for you that's fine.  I'm just used to
teaching people to enter their code and then
select what they want the panel to do.  It's
as natural to me as doing it your way is to
you.

> Your DIY clients are probably more conscious
> of operating procedures versus the more
> casual user of professionally installed alarm
> systems, and they probably are more "aware"
> of the intricacies of at least the operations of
> an alarm system by dint of their interest in the
> whole subject...

I'm sure that's true.  By reading the manual
and actually installing the system they become
far more knowledgeable than the average
alarm user.  I'm sure you've had as many
clients as I have (when I was still installing)
who don't understand the first thing other
than "punch in the code and the little red light
comes on."  However, I've trained hundreds
of non-DIY alarm users to operate the alarms
we installed over the years and IME they
don't have much trouble grasping the use of
the keypad.  It's mostly a matter of me doing
a thorough job of teaching them (not as
though you don't of, course).

> so it might not present much of an issue,
> but I believe it will for the average user...

Perhaps, but consider this.  Hundreds of
thousands of alarm owners use both
methods and they rarely cause false...
hmmm, errm scratch that.  :^)

--